• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Debs ramblings about her NHS sleeve...

Broke the 200lb Barrier!

See how weird the head mess is we have embarked on?! I lose nothing for 7 weeks. Then I've lost 3lbs in 3 days. Weird weird weird.

I am not complaining mind you. I am now under 200lbs and my BMI is creeping close to overweight.

Right now it is 30.9.

I am 14 stone 1 today. I am daring to dream I might make the 13 stone zone!

Hope everyone is well x

Broke the 200lb Barrier!

See how weird the head mess is we have embarked on?! I lose nothing for 7 weeks. Then I've lost 3lbs in 3 days. Weird weird weird.

I am not complaining mind you. I am now under 200lbs and my BMI is creeping close to overweight.

Right now it is 30.9.

I am 14 stone 1 today. I am daring to dream I might make the 13 stone zone!

Hope everyone is well x

Thats brilliant news debs well done. Xx

Congratulations! How's the skin?

My arms are acceptable. Bingo but not the entire Gala hall.

Top of thighs are like the back end of a not yet put in the oven turkey. Wringled and like floppy skin.

Boobs have dropped excessively. Nipples point to floor and in a bra it's not to bad. Uncaged is woeful.

Belly apron is yuck. Can see it in clothes as it bulges. Like a panecotta splaying out. Drops about 4-5 inches over and is not a good look

Deb

Haha Deb, what a picture you paint.

I'm not looking forward to the results of weight loss. Since I don't use my muscles anyway once the fats gone it's going to be a disaster..!

Glad you're losing again, great news..! X

My arms are acceptable. Bingo but not the entire Gala hall.

Top of thighs are like the back end of a not yet put in the oven turkey. Wringled and like floppy skin.

Boobs have dropped excessively. Nipples point to floor and in a bra it's not to bad. Uncaged is woeful.

Belly apron is yuck. Can see it in clothes as it bulges. Like a panecotta splaying out. Drops about 4-5 inches over and is not a good look

Deb

Lol - I'm imagining you in my head right now. I've heard that it firms back up with more weight loss... Or so I'm choosing to believe. Knowing how it looks - do you regret surgery?

I don't know how I will look slim because I've never been slim. Exciting times

Lol - I'm imagining you in my head right now. I've heard that it firms back up with more weight loss... Or so I'm choosing to believe. Knowing how it looks - do you regret surgery? I don't know how I will look slim because I've never been slim. Exciting times

I knew aged 48 with 3 decades of obesity I wasn't going to snap back. It's not attractive nude. Make no mistake. I wouldn't / couldn't wear a bikini. But I couldn't when a size 24.
I relaxed one set on insecurities with another ! Dressed I feel tonnes better.

I knew the body impact was going to be a mess. But my mum does aged 61 of obesity related issue. My Nan (maternal slde) died aged 60 of obesity related matters. I was galloping towards the same outcome

I am of all the big meds. I can walk much further and manage so much more. Yes I have lots of insecurities about my skin. But not many people encounter it. And I'd rather look like I do than be a size 24 and trapped in my own food created misery

It's not without its low points. But mainly I get by ok x

I knew aged 48 with 3 decades of obesity I wasn't going to snap back. It's not attractive nude. Make no mistake. I wouldn't / couldn't wear a bikini. But I couldn't when a size 24.
I relaxed one set on insecurities with another ! Dressed I feel tonnes better.

I knew the body impact was going to be a mess. But my mum does aged 61 of obesity related issue. My Nan (maternal slde) died aged 60 of obesity related matters. I was galloping towards the same outcome

I am of all the big meds. I can walk much further and manage so much more. Yes I have lots of insecurities about my skin. But not many people encounter it. And I'd rather look like I do than be a size 24 and trapped in my own food created misery

It's not without its low points. But mainly I get by ok x

Youre so right. I appreciate your perspective. Losing weight should be more about better health and quality of life and most days it is. I hope I don't regret this. I enter most decisions in my life with the knowledge that I can always change my mind. There's no turning back with this once it's done. 7 days to go.

Youre so right. I appreciate your perspective. Losing weight should be more about better health and quality of life and most days it is. I hope I don't regret this. I enter most decisions in my life with the knowledge that I can always change my mind. There's no turning back with this once it's done. 7 days to go.

I am relieved there was no back out method. If there was I'd have sabotaged myself for sure. If I could control my eating I would not have had my stomach cut out. I mean - how drastic can it get - surely that's the wacky diet to cap all others - stomach removal!!!!

I am glad I cannot go back. Yes drowning in my favourite food helps me face life's highs and lows. But at what a cost? Self esteem on the floor. Self worth non existence. Self loathing increasing. I don't miss that list one bit.

Yes you will have crappy days. You will probably even cry from time to time in frustration. But I cried many many weeks from being larger.

I can't say you will have the same outcome as me. You may find everything second is ace. I don't. But I can honestly and truthfully say my life is much better. The lows are nothing life as bad or as often as my pre op situation.

Being slimmer does not fix everything. I hoped it would. But it doesn't!

Roll on 7 days and your own exciting journey. First few days are uncomfortable but please bear in mind it gets better with each day.

Sometimes drastic steps are needed and I guess we all hit that place.

Good luck - I look forward to hearing about how you get on and to share support to each other as we try and keep to the new path ! X

Back