• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Insert Witty and Imaginative Title Here

Glad it's getting better. It's so disheartening, but at least you know it WILL shift!

Funny moment tonight. I'm taking my mum to the airport next week, and she knows I'd never accept petrol money from her. To say thanks, she's bought me a box of movicol. Gosh, laxatives, thankyou!:D

:rotflmao:

I had awful trouble after surgery, to the point I was considering a trip to the out of hours clinic. Movicol is the only thing I've found that works for me. Even now, if I don't take it for a few days I end up having issues, so I take a sachet most days.

When my mum said she'd bought me a prezzie I was hoping for a pony. A puppy, at the very least... Nope, a box of laxatives:D

Puppy's and pony aren't useful though :D hehe

When my mom visits from the States I have her bring a huge tub of Miralax! Glad I'm not the only adult who still has their mom looking after their bowels! :D

Went yesterday for a fill, but I was tempted to cancel. When I spoke to my team they advised to go anyway for a discussion and to get weighed, so I duly trundled off.
When we discussed the current situation (stress, new job etc) we decided against another fill, to just monitor the situation and go back in 3 weeks.

Today I had to drive to Bristol with work. Had a pack of breakfast biscuits on the way down as I couldn't handle breakfast before I set off - that was about 9am and kept me going to lunchtime.
At 12.30(ish) I had a crayfish and avocado salad from Pret - gorgeous and only 202 calories, highly recommended! I'm only just starting to feel hungry, though my stomach hasn't started rumbling yet.

I can eat pretty much anything other than bread, I can get away with a certain amount if I take too big a mouthful without realising - my band isn't so restrictive that I'm constantly uncomfortable, yet I'm not feeling particularly hungry.

Happy days all round. I expect once the stress eases off things will feel different and hunger will make a grand return, but for now, fingers crossed...:)

Woohoo glad things are going well Hun! If you can't face breakfast but fancy a protein boost those new weekabix shakes are nice x

I was going to get more Tesco slimfast shakes, but the dietician told me to get the biscuits instead, as they'll make the band work a bit. I did manage them in the car this morning, they're quite easy to eat, though I do begrudge 219 calories on biscuits - it just feels so unhealthy! Still, it didn't cause me issues and it saw me through to lunch, so it served its purpose.
I'm in the hotel again tonight, and I'm meant to be meeting the team for a breakfast briefing at 7. I think I'll be sticking to coffee - no way am I risking breakfast at 7am!

Good stuff! Biscuits for breakfast just seems wrong lol

I love my Complan shakes for breakfast, I know they're stupidly pricey but I don't care. Vanilla mmmmm.

I know, they're very sugary and high in calories. Not a huge amount of protein either. They're just very convenient, and because they are solid they keep me really full for ages.
Not ideal, but they keep me away from the motorway services when I've a long morning drive and can't manage brekkie. It's a compromise.

I'm not knocking it, I'd be tempted to try them myself :D

My band feels very tight at the moment though, everything is going cold....

Hopefully it'll settle, it's only been a week since my fill.

Any job/flat news Sarah?

Started a new contract last week (hence all the driving). Contract until march/April, pretty much perfect in every way - any longer and I get bored. Plus it's only 4 days a week, but due to my impressive negotiating skill I'm taking home more than I normally do full-time lol!

Flat. Sigh. This could drag on for months - I don't know how long the bank will let it go until they repossess. I'd rather they just got it done with, but sadly they don't organise themselves for my convenience (how very dare they).

I'm a bit flat tonight for no good reason, just in a very meh mood, but I wasn't having a poke in my last post, honest! The biscuits work for me at the mo, but I can't honestly consider them a "good" option, hence the compromise comment.

Hope the band does settle for you hun x

Hi Sarah sorry your a bit flat but in the short time I've know you through this site this won't last for long and you will bounce back to your cheery self. Glad the job is going well. Hopefully the flat situation will get sorted out soon

Back