• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Insert Witty and Imaginative Title Here

Ah yes, good old Ebay, ive had some brilliant finds from there over the years, & looking forward to selling off some of my too-big-for-me-now stuff one day

Shame about the top, its beautiful & the colour really suits you but enjoy wearing it for now and I bet you find another in a smaller size you love even more :)

I love ebay too. I've got a gorgeous acid etched velvet dress that I bought years ago for under £10 including postage. It was way too small for me, but I couldn't bring myself to sell it on as I fell in love with it.
It fits me now, but I'm not sure I'll have occasion to wear it before it's too big!

It sounds gorgeous! I do that too, buy stuff too small & then just look at it adoringly taunting me from the wardrobe lol You must manoeuvre some "do" just to wear it, I will willingly be a participant if it helps!

[sorry Sarah ,have just realised the rest was self-indulgent & didnt belong on your diary, so have moved it to mine :) ]

Last edited:
I know exactly what you mean. I monitor calories, but I don't control them. If I have a day where I don't eat much I'll maybe have had 700 cals, so I'll have a protein shake instead of a cup of tea before bed. On the other hand, if I'm genuinely hungry I WILL eat, so some days I'll find I've had 1800 cals. I won't sit hungry just because I've had a high calorie day!
It doesn't go down well with the dietician, but until I get some restriction I still feel like without monitoring myself I would be just as out of control as ever. I can't wait to get enough restriction to feel like I don't need to monitor - lord knows I don't want to count calories the rest of my life!

I'm lucky in a way, I never expected to have much restriction until fill 3 or 4, and although my dietician may not be 100% on board my nurse has had a band herself and knows exactly what I mean. Her attitude is "let's get you some restriction and then everyone is happy"!

You're right - it's hard to undo the habits of a lifetime. It's not a quick fix we've got and it'll take time to adapt. In the meantime, chin (or in my case chins) up x

Thanks,I felt bad as soon as i posted it,so have edited & moved to my page. Sorry xx Your advice & understanding is as ever spot on though.

Its so hard to find a balance, ive seen nutritionists before and never quite felt they "got it" whereas, like you say, someone who has had a band and been there does. Chins up here too lol :)

Just found a corker of a before pic, from December 2007. This is me at my heaviest - I would guess somewhere around 26 stone (the scales I had at the time only went up to 24 stone so everything above that is a guess).
Second photo is me from a week or two ago, at around 20 stone 5, when I gave up trying to describe my top to my mate and sent her a photo instead:)

Attachments

• Compare.jpg
    Compare.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 71
A corker indeed (eek is that appropriate for me to say that to you?)

I worried that I'd need to lose most of my weight for it to notice, but you are living proof of how much difference 5 stone can make (again, appropriate?!)

I have always been fascinated with before and after photos - keep them coming!

I definitely meant to compliment you - you are certainly a motivating character!

Lol, at over 20 stone I can't really call it an after photo, but I can see a big difference. I have a double chin, for example, where previously my chin got lost in my neck-fat. Thankyou for the compliment:)

NOBODY IN WORK HAS SAID A WORD.
It's getting to a point now where it's funny - to think I was worried about keeping the surgery quiet!:D

that made me laugh! I have lost around 3 stone already and like you NOBODY has said anything! im guessing no one has really noticed since i`m still wearing the same clothes !just goes to show how people are

I've had to buy new clothes, but hopefully they'll do me a few months.

It's really odd when nobody says anything, isn't it? I don't know whether they've genuinely not noticed or whether they just don't like to draw attention to my weight. Either way, I can see the difference, so sod'em!:D

That's an amazing difference! I hope you don't mind me saying but you even look younger.

I love that long top too, just the kind of thing I'd wear.

I's funny, you have to lose SO much weight before people actually notice, they are so wrapped up in themselves. Also, it's more likely someone will notice if they haven't seen you for a while.

There's a guy at work who's lost 4 and a half stone and I've only just noticed lol

Amazing!! I agree with all of the above & especially what Banderbird said, youve lost about 20 yrs along with that weight, well done lovely xx

Re, people at work not saying anything im guessing they notice but are not sure what to say, i did have someone say to me once " wow, you were so fat the last time i saw you...what happened?!" LoL :D

Anyway, bet they have to say something soon, you look fabulous! Xx

Thankyou ladies!:) x

I leave my current job at year end to go back to contracting, so I doubt anything will be said. It's all good:)

Jo, what on earth did you say to that? It did make me laugh this morning!

Someone once blurted out to me (who I used to speak to on the phone at work) "Oooh you're fatter than you sound".

Thanks...

Back