• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Let's Do This

LetsDoThis

Hi, I am writing this as a way to record and document my own journey.

I am a 37 year old, Irish woman, weighing 271lbs, height of 5ft7 and BMI at 42.4

I am here today as I discovered this website while researching surgery abroad, I have booked in with a clinic in Ireland and today I had my consultation and I am very happy with the service and the information, would be happy to do surgery at home, but the price is what is making me think, can I do this, can Igo abroad.

Reasons that I'm torn and held back?
First and foremost is I have a recently turned 4 year old whom I have never had a night away from, we co sleep, I put him to bed every night, I am there when he wakes up. I will definately be having surgery but it is the amount of days away that have me torn.

Here in Ireland I can go in on the friday, in the afternoon/evening and have surgery, stay the night, the saturday I have tests and checked over, sleep and I am up and out at 8am on sunday morning.

To go away, I am currently looking at Belgium, it is approx 4 to 5 days away.

I will have to do the trip alone, I have never flown alone, I know I can do it, I know I can do anything I put my mind to but there is also covid to worry about, flights and getting taxi to hotel, languages, hospitals I am unfamilar with, staying in a hotel on my own, and the idea of a different country completely from my son makes me so nervous if anything was to go wrong I am not just local.

I have a husband, he would stay home to care for our child, no one else can travel with me due to work and covid restrictions like quarantine on return.

But finally, its a saving of 7 thousand to go away and do it. Thats a lot of money, we are very lucky we dont have mortage or rent and we can make the difference back up if I do stay here, we have the money needed to do it in ireland but still.... 7 thouands lol.

I am currently researching belgium and trying to find out how long I really need to be there, how easy it is or if you had to do it again and had the funds would you just stay home, and in my research I found this website.

So this is my story up to now, I am typing this for accountablty but also to get my thoughts out so I can reread it.

If you read this, thank you. If you have any advice, please do comment.

Bling Babe

Hi, I am writing this as a way to record and document my own journey.

I am a 37 year old, Irish woman, weighing 271lbs, height of 5ft7 and BMI at 42.4

I am here today as I discovered this website while researching surgery abroad, I have booked in with a clinic in Ireland and today I had my consultation and I am very happy with the service and the information, would be happy to do surgery at home, but the price is what is making me think, can I do this, can Igo abroad.

Reasons that I'm torn and held back?
First and foremost is I have a recently turned 4 year old whom I have never had a night away from, we co sleep, I put him to bed every night, I am there when he wakes up. I will definately be having surgery but it is the amount of days away that have me torn.

Here in Ireland I can go in on the friday, in the afternoon/evening and have surgery, stay the night, the saturday I have tests and checked over, sleep and I am up and out at 8am on sunday morning.

To go away, I am currently looking at Belgium, it is approx 4 to 5 days away.

I will have to do the trip alone, I have never flown alone, I know I can do it, I know I can do anything I put my mind to but there is also covid to worry about, flights and getting taxi to hotel, languages, hospitals I am unfamilar with, staying in a hotel on my own, and the idea of a different country completely from my son makes me so nervous if anything was to go wrong I am not just local.

I have a husband, he would stay home to care for our child, no one else can travel with me due to work and covid restrictions like quarantine on return.

But finally, its a saving of 7 thousand to go away and do it. Thats a lot of money, we are very lucky we dont have mortage or rent and we can make the difference back up if I do stay here, we have the money needed to do it in ireland but still.... 7 thouands lol.

I am currently researching belgium and trying to find out how long I really need to be there, how easy it is or if you had to do it again and had the funds would you just stay home, and in my research I found this website.

So this is my story up to now, I am typing this for accountablty but also to get my thoughts out so I can reread it.

If you read this, thank you. If you have any advice, please do comment.
Hiya and welcome, only you can make that decision but I wish you luck and look forward to your updates, there is so much information, help and advice on here for you, research research research is my best advice, wls is far from being the easy option, it’s the single most challenging thing I’ve ever done but so worth it. X

Lalapo

Hi welcome. What a choice. I will like to stay in U.K. as I feel safer but I think £7000 is a lot extra to pay for same surgery.
Only thing is I had sleeve and although op went ok, the first 6 weeks I suffered a lot from inability to keep food down. I had follow up appointments to check for internal bleeding from staples and acid reflux.

My advise is check what the follow up care will be like if you go to Belgium and if you can get the follow in the UK/Ireland.

my son was 7 at the time i had mine so your son will be ok too. It helped mine he was able to visit me in hospital too.