• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Diary August 2014

You've done amazing with weight loss on pre op and great practise for when you get your sleeve.

I had a total of a about 7 stone I wanted to lose. I paid privately for my band but it had a similar reaction of your not that big etc when I yd a select few my surgery plans. If it was easy I would have done it on my own, it's my money to spend on what I want hehe!!

Bet you can't wait now til the 26th x

Thanks caria! Glad your band has helped you! I feel really good about my choice, some people might not understand but its my life and how i feel. I dont want my back to hurt carrying around four stone more than it should, ive found this site absolutely great!

I do find it quite amusing that people never commented when I was getting fat but when I decide to do something about it or people notice that you start losing weight, you become public property!

This site is amazing because you can talk to people who are going through some thing similar or get advice from some one who's already gone through it.

Well i got on the scales again today, its a compulsion i have, and i am down 3lb on yesterday...im 12st dead which was my target for the op, i still have 11 dats to go. Ive lost 12lb in two weeks which is pretty mega im pleased.

That is a load of weight off on such a short time. Well done you xx

Well done on the fantastic weightloss! You're doing so well before the op I have no doubt you'll be at your goal in no time!

Morning all, well another day nearer! Still feeling fine, no headaches or issues, just impatience!!
Im trying to decide which knickers to wear for the op as they will either by removed or covered in iodine!

My husband is being very supportive bless him despite liking me cuddly, and curvy, he says he knows why im doing it! We are reading healthy cook books and making meal plans for the future its nice! Im hoping he might drop a stone too with healthy eating.

Im just counting down now with everyone else. Im working all weekend so that will keep my occupied!!

Great to hear your feeling so good

I'm off out for a meal for a friends 50th today. So not eating anything before I go. By 3.30 I will be ravenous. Hoping to have a very light starter maybe some thing fishy or cheese and a salad as a main course and no desert that will all fit in with my pre op diet

Trying to keep busy to keep the butterflies at bay lol

Morning all, well another day nearer! Still feeling fine, no headaches or issues, just impatience!! Im trying to decide which knickers to wear for the op as they will either by removed or covered in iodine! My husband is being very supportive bless him despite liking me cuddly, and curvy, he says he knows why im doing it! We are reading healthy cook books and making meal plans for the future its nice! Im hoping he might drop a stone too with healthy eating. Im just counting down now with everyone else. Im working all weekend so that will keep my occupied!!

Glad your still doing well!! And I know the waiting for my op was awful even though I only had like 3 weeks to wait from booking it to having it!

I bought black cotton knickers to take with me as they said 100% cotton would be fine. When I was getting ready for surgery though putting gown on etc my nurse recommend I wear the paper pants they provide. I went on her advice and was pleased I did as after surgery when getting changed into my own pjs you can just rip them off ( think male stripper hehe ) rather than having to painfully bend etc to get them off x

morning all
Well another day another dollar for me ... working today long shift 6am till 8pm so I keeping occupied lol
Feeling hungry this morning so hoping it passes, good to hear kara that you are doing well, its niece to hear and it cheers everyone up I think ?
The weather today is awful but its good to talk to so many nice peps! xx

Thanks all!!
Oh your dogs are lovely kursty! My mum has a long haired white shepherd too!!
Enjoy your meal out x

Am following your story closely Kar as we're very similar. Finances permitting, I should be 4-8 weeks after you with my sleeve. I'm a 32bmi.

Good luck bear! Great news!! There will be a few of us in this together.

Well i have been out with the dog this morning and done a few miles, it was nice to be out.
My husband went out for a session with my dad last night and is now ill!! Men!! Just popped in to see my dad, he is in bed to!!!
I went to get my husband some lunch and i bought a scratch card for him and low and behold it won £40, im having the cash!!

Another day nearer....the diet is going well and its weigh in day tomorrow, im not expecting any more weight loss to be honest as i have lost 12lb in two weeks. I have reached my pre op target anyway so anything else will be a bonus.
Im starting to get a bit nervous, nothing much but as time ticks down its getting more real.
Im off tues, weds, thurs next week so going to get a last few bits and get some walking done.
I also have the Osteopath wednesday, my pre op blood test thursday and then i also have to have my acrylic soaked off my nails. Oh its all going on.

Another day nearer....the diet is going well and its weigh in day tomorrow, im not expecting any more weight loss to be honest as i have lost 12lb in two weeks. I have reached my pre op target anyway so anything else will be a bonus. Im starting to get a bit nervous, nothing much but as time ticks down its getting more real. Im off tues, weds, thurs next week so going to get a last few bits and get some walking done. I also have the Osteopath wednesday, my pre op blood test thursday and then i also have to have my acrylic soaked off my nails. Oh its all going on.

Good luck with all ur tests and errands before surgery I wish I'd taken couple days of prior to mine but was so worried about getting enough leave after the op it went out my head!!

Fingers crossed u may lose another bit tomorrow xx

My friend does nails..I don't pay to have mine removed. She told me to wrap my nails in acetone soaked cotton wool and wrap them in tinfoil for 20'mins. It works

I'm not surprised your feeling a bit nervous now...it's getting seriously close for us all. I have gotten beyond nerves I think and am just calmly terrified lol

My friend does nails..I don't pay to have mine removed. She told me to wrap my nails in acetone soaked cotton wool and wrap them in tinfoil for 20'mins. It works I'm not surprised your feeling a bit nervous now...it's getting seriously close for us all. I have gotten beyond nerves I think and am just calmly terrified lol

Lol calmly terrified! That's a statement I think I can relate to :) this time txt week be on the other side, and you can look forward to what's next xx

Lol calmly terrified! That's a statement I think I can relate to :) this time txt week be on the other side, and you can look forward to what's next xx

Can't wait Sharon. I wish we were on the same day. I will miss you by one day. I will be leaving on the Thursday and you will be arriving on the Saturday :-(

haha...yes im sure that will sum it up for me come next weekend.
not long now kursty, im excited for you.

ive been working all weekend so that's kept me occupied, last day today thank god im so tired.
off tomorrow, so going to do a good walk then go buy some last few bits!!

today I tried on a new pair of knickers, size 16, and they weren't cutting into my fat hip!! think my hips are about 44 inches and my waist is ten inches smaller then my bust is about 44 too.
hopefully those inches will drop off.

well im off to work now so will catch you all this evening when I get in and have my turkey slices with cucumber.
have a nice day all.:D

Well another day down. Im tired and really thirsty today. Ive worked 7 days in a row so tired from work but i have a few days off now to get some bits done.
Im going to weigh in in the morning so hopefully i will have lost another lb.
One week tomorrow i will be in for the op and cant wait..

Back