• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

This is me.... This is the start of my journey

Hiya I am having mine at Sunderland. Planning to start LRD on the 17th so 2 full weeks before. How you feeling? I am surprisingly calm now I have my date. Can't wait. I think it will hot me more once I start the LRD. Jackie xx

I'm nervous now, tomorrow is my last day of normal food for what seems like a lifetime lol.

Everything is prepared, just gotta do it,

What diet have you decided too do? I've brought loads of slimfast and going to rotate with the weight watchers soups.

Don't see tomorrow as your last day of Normal food. Tomorrow is the next step to the new you. I've sent you a PM :)

I'm nervous now, tomorrow is my last day of normal food for what seems like a lifetime lol.

Everything is prepared, just gotta do it,

What diet have you decided too do? I've brought loads of slimfast and going to rotate with the weight watchers soups.

I have to do the milk diet for 10 days but planning to do it for 2 full weeks so start on the 17th. So this is just milk, one bowl of homemade veg soup and SF jelly. Not looking forward to it but it takes me 1 step closer. Is it your 1st day today? Good luck, keep me posted.
Jackie
xx

I have to do the milk diet for 10 days but planning to do it for 2 full weeks so start on the 17th. So this is just milk, one bowl of homemade veg soup and SF jelly. Not looking forward to it but it takes me 1 step closer. Is it your 1st day today? Good luck, keep me posted. Jackie xx

Oh no, I hate milk. I start tomorrow. It's weird because I was thinking of my last supper and I actually don't fancy anything lol

Oh no, I hate milk. I start tomorrow. It's weird because I was thinking of my last supper and I actually don't fancy anything lol

Ooh good luck for tomorrow. I know I was thinking this, should I have all the things I fancy in the next week or should I start preparing myself for the LRD? Let me know how you get on
Jackie
x

I'm a lot better thanks. It's really amazing what the doctors do and how hard everyone works. I have little incisions in my stomach which are virtually invisible. So when I put my bikini on (lol) no one will ever know.

I can't wait until I can say that. Congrats again, did you have any complications?

Sorry missed this somehow, no complications at all and virtually no pain after the first couple of days. I have been very lucky in that respect

Lynn x

DAY 1, SHAKE 1

I just returned from Argos, brought a new scale so I can start this journey and track properly (not put on as much as I thought).

Shake not that bad, might be a different story in a few days lol

Remember to drink loads, and I don't mean wine lol. It helps with the bad heads and furry mouth. Just remember why your doing it liver shrinkage good luck. :)

I'm a lot better thanks. It's really amazing what the doctors do and how hard everyone works. I have little incisions in my stomach which are virtually invisible. So when I put my bikini on (lol) no one will ever know.

Loooooool, I hope to god mine look as good as yours. Bikini time soon come

I hope I have the same luck as you. Are you on soft food yet

I have been on soft food for a couple of weeks, gradually including some crunch now, have tolerated crispbread, can also eat turkey breast and fish without mashing. Getting quite good at the chewing but still need to slow down a bit between mouthfuls lol

Lynn x

Hi lookingforabetterme you can do what you want on LSD just don't over do it because you might feel light headed right at the start due to lack of food but you should be ok.

Good luck with your LSD. I have walked a fair bit during mine. Mouse is spot on though I do feel light headed a fair bit so take some care :)

Thanks guys. Day 3, had to go for w walk at work when everyone started bringing their lunch in. Ohmygod I could smell EVERYTHING and EVERYTHING smelt lush. Had pre-op today and as long as I don't have MRSA my ship will continue sailing.

Hi Lookingforabetterme. Just read your thread and wow I feel your pain, St Georges for me although had good reviews just seemed to take forever and seemed quite disorganised as everyone within the team were saying different things so I decided to go with UCLH. It's great that you finally have your date though, you must be excited. I have my op scheduled for the 6th June hopefully and LSD starts on the 25th. What are the options for the LSD and do all hospitals usually have a general guideline for this. How's it going for you? X

Back