• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Venture pre-op

Venture

Hi John, glad my ramblings were of use, good luck with your journey. I used the "whey 80" ones - they're just pure protein. A friend of mine has been using the meal replacement ones and likes them but I think it's probably better to stick to pure protein in pre-op - you want minimal carbs in your diet.

JOHNG79

Cheers Venture,

Think Iv found them. WHey 80 concentrate? Loads funky flavours. Never had shakes before, did you use with or without milk? Must order a couple to at least start the prepping.

Any pre op diet advice??

How are you getting on now?

John

Venture

That's the one. They can be made with milk or water but we should be sticking to only using water. Milk has a surprising amount of carbs in it and you want as few as possible.

Pro tips? Hmm, keep hydrated, have shakes when you need to in order to keep hunger at bay and just stay on track. Count the days if you need to. I didn't find it as hard as I expected to be honest - but others do suffer so be prepared! It's only for a little while!

I'm doing great now, weight is falling off, I'm getting fit and feeling good about myself and this is only six weeks out. Still lots of hurdles left to jump but I'm feeling so different already.

JOHNG79

Tules,
Hasn't really thought about being sick of the protein shakes to be honest!
I just don't want to take in too many carbs and therefore not make the most of the ketosis period. I'll do you a truce: on days I go for a swim (mon-thurs) and need some more fuel anyway, I'll have a chunky soup for dinner afterward instead of a shake.

Re my friend, yes that's why I'm doing it too. I could lose some weight again by myself if I really wanted to, maybe... But I know I can't keep it off. And I also know I'm not driven enough to even get down to the weight I want in the first place. I'm grateful for this forum for support! I'm hoping she just thought I meant gastric band and once we clear that misunderstanding up I'll be fine.

Oh also I've been taking a multivitamin for the past month and I've just started taking b-complex too, should be fine :)

Hi Venture,

Just started pre op today, surgery in 18 days. Quick question, is ketosis not quite dangerous? Forgive my ignorance!