• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Venture pre-op

You did it! Hope you feel better soon x

Well done Venture! The hardest bit is over now. Take it easy and let your body recover and you'll be fine. Look after yourself xx

Yay you made it. Take it easy dude, all the best for your recovery. :)

I just noticed your avatar. Is that you? Wow!!

Haha i wish dave!!! No its just something that inspires me. Doubt ill ever look like that tho without plastic surgery!!

Sm

Xx

Wishing you a quick recovery venture. The first few days are horrible but it gets easier!!

Sm

Xx

woohoo and welcome to the other side :) the better side lol get lots of rest now and get better real quick, new life awaits you x x x x

Hey guys. Feeling a bit better this morning though still kind of weak and a bit sick. Didn't have any anti-nausea stuff last night though so that's progress. Finished my first 200ml of water, only took me the better part of 24 hours...!
Drain comes out today and the physio said that should help a lot. Going to try to be on my feet some more today because after lunch I'll have to walk back to the hotel with these two stupid heavy bags...!

Glad to see you a little better today V. Any chance you can get a hotel porter to come get your bags? Its just across the road?

Glad to see you a little better today V. Any chance you can get a hotel porter to come get your bags? Its just across the road?

Chrissy I don't think there are any porters. The receptionist is usually doubling up in the bar during the day.

V if your bags are that heavy all I can suggest it to take it very slow, put them down and rest every so often. What on earth did you take with you that you needed 2bags?????? lol. I thought it was us girls that took the kitchen sink :8855:

Welcome to the losers bench and take it easy. When do you travel home?

Lynn x

Guess I am lucky I will have my own porters with me this time. Last time I was on my own and they used a different hotel so it was a taxi journey away. I remember making sure I had very little me as I flew onto another country the day I left. I had to check in my small wheelie case as no way could I lift into the overhead locker.

So ladies, did we fail to warn V not to take so much ? Just hope you take it easy like Lynn says.

Guess I am lucky I will have my own porters with me this time. Last time I was on my own and they used a different hotel so it was a taxi journey away. I remember making sure I had very little me as I flew onto another country the day I left. I had to check in my small wheelie case as no way could I lift into the overhead locker.

So ladies, did we fail to warn V not to take so much ? Just hope you take it easy like Lynn says.

You will be able to leave most of your stuff at the hotel, because I was on my own I took mine with me. However, I packed light and got a bag with wheels

Lynn x

Back at the hotel safe and sound. Feel like a person again.
Didn't take anything weird just changes of clothes, towel, dressing gown etc... Read through all the threads and took what was recommended. Probably could have left most of the clothes and the dressing gown, spent yesterday and today slobbing about in my PJs. Oh well!

Oh, Eurostar is about midday tomorrow. Will be glad to be home soon.

I felt much better once I got back to the hotel. I found the journey home really good. The only difficult bit was a rather bumpy cab journey to Victoria Coach Station, but on the plus sides I had a cabbie who grew up near me and we had lots to chat about.

Rest well, the lattes in the bar are lovely and only 3 euros.

Lynn x

It really wasn't that bad. Also asked the doc before I left and he said they were fine.

Hi Venture,

Love all your information you have provided. So helpful. I have my sleeve consult with Bart this week for surgery in Belgium. I see you used protein shakes pre op from protein works. Are they the meal replacement ones? Was on their site but tbh got lost with all the options of protein lol

Back