• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yve's Diary.

Thanks hun. Sure she will be but we don't talk often - when we do we just pick up from where we were, but its a bit of a bombshell to edge in nicely. Hard to sorta say, oops, by the way, I'm having a RNY in 13 days. When's bump due?
lol just tell her you have some exciting news of your own :) but you know her best, you will know the best way to say it, good luck :) xxx

Well if she is a true friend she will understand mine have been in on it from the start so that they didn't encourage me to eat or drink more than i needed to. I was able to after the family went home, on the night of my op ring them, when I knew they would all be together, my best friend cried when I rang they were all so relieved that i was ok and really pleased to hear from me. They kept my spirits up during the long waiting time and understood that i needed to just drink water instead of my usual gallons of alcohol, we used to play roulette games with shots and I was the best at it could drink the most without getting pissed some used to get me to drink theres whe the others weren't looking. I hope your friend is as understanding as mine have been if you don't tell them now they may be upset that you didn't trust them enough even though it was personal to you . xx

Yeah I will try that. THanks for the suggestion hun.

Just make it sound exciting, like you have done all your research and that you are not overly worried. If you give the news with that type of energy it will worry her a hell of a lot less :)

I'm not really worried about a bad reaction, just more trying to think of a way to tell her. She will be fine with it - she totally gets my struggles with my weight.

I think you are all amazing and definately inspirational for me. I can't wait to have the op and start the next, better chapter of my life.

Ok, well good luck however you go about it then. As you said about no wanting to send her into labour, I assumed you were worried she may overly worry :)

Flipping furious now. Have spoken to mum today who booked a hotel in my town without checking with me. I asked if she could cancel it so we could stay the night before near the hospital and she gave me a lecture. I told my bf this morning not to let her take control cos she always does and that's exactly what she did! Its always all about her! The stress that I am putting on her and how she feels ill and tired and how I have to discuss what's best with my sister - heaven forbid that I make the decision as to what's best for myself.

Not to mention the fact that she's saying I shouldn't make my daughter stay overnight away from home. That its too much hassle for my daughter. Umm - *i* know what's best for *my* daughter TYVM.

So yeah. I got shirty with her. And got the whole spiel about how ill she is and she can't see why my way is easier. Bleh.

Just not what you need right now. This is YOUR time. Not hers and she needs to respect your need for things to be done how you need them to be done right now.

And your daughter is a beautiful, confident girl and I am sure you know her capabilities far more than your mom.

Families can be so bloody annoying at times!

Thanks everyone. I am over it now, mum will just have to come around. Have had my hair done today. Feeling more positive, some of my hospital bag stuff has arrived.

Told my friend, she said that I was brave and she understood why I felt I needed to do this. Also told my hairdresser! Can't see a reason why not to, I suppose.

Yvessa said:
Thanks everyone. I am over it now, mum will just have to come around. Have had my hair done today. Feeling more positive, some of my hospital bag stuff has arrived.

Told my friend, she said that I was brave and she understood why I felt I needed to do this. Also told my hairdresser! Can't see a reason why not to, I suppose.

Yay!!! All sounds bright, positive and focused in your camp!!! The neater I got the more people I told lol. Became my conversation piece lol. I have knocked it on the head post op lol. I kept my mouth shut in Lidl and Lloyds yesterday lol

lol I guess most of the people I spend the energy on are pretty sensitive and sensible people.

I am feeling very focused and have just bought size 32s and they all fit with a bit of room. But bought for the hospital so wanted them loose. Two dresses for 6 pounds altogether and 3 nighties (which were way more expensive) and some granny knickers! But they are super comfy and I'm very conscious I don't want anything rubbing on my incisions so they are soft ribbed cotton. I can wear them as hats after the op I guess!

Also spoke to my hairdresser about make up as she does bridals - she will speak to the woman who does the make up while she does the hair and give me a make up lesson that suits me.

My hair is in the best condition its ever been so she was well pleased with it. I was really worried as I don't shampoo anymore, just conditioner but she said its really working for my hair.

Ticking things off my excel spreadsheet. Can't believe its already thursday! 11 days left. Although...11 days of milk. I am so sick of milk.

Nighties are more expensive than anything lol. I got the soft ribbed granny panties too. My mom suggested it and they were perfect.

You are doing so well :) keep up the good work! Xxx

They were 30 pounds for 3. So 10 each. But I suppose I can wear them regardless. Even if I shrink a nightie is a nightie, right?

Mine we the same from Your on Amazon. I have used them out of hospital too though. Don't tend to use nighties much. But getting my monies worth lol

Exactly. One is white, so Katherine can be a ghost for halloween :p

Back