• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Debs ramblings about her NHS sleeve...

Had a lovely day. And waltzed to a Wurlitzer and food wasn't the priority for today either from eating to excess or worried to the point of obsess. The day just flowed as non food obsessed people's days do!

Attachments

• image-2514895260.jpg
    image-2514895260.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 54
Ahhhhhhh blackpool tower - used to go every year as a kid so last autumn had to take the kids to see the illuminations - impressed they were not lol!!!

I love reading your posts, no sugar coating but optimistic and positive xx

Oh sorry I missed your birthday..... You must feel very loved. What a wonderful thoughtful hubby you have :)

He isn't my husband. We are both divorced with kids scared to commit to living together adults with 7 years of dating each other! He raises his kids and has his home and I do the same some 40 miles away. But we enjoy the relationship we have built and love each other dearly. I value him enormously but we clearly are committed to raising the children in their current neighbourhood and schools. Who knows what the future will bring. But for now, my private relationship is like my food relationship - more focused on quality than quantity!!!!

???

Well my stall between week 4 and week 6 thankfully did break and as you know finally 2lbs were lost. That took me to 16 stones 2lbs. I stopped daily weighing and decided once a week was enough. It's been counterproductive eating such a restricted diet and managing my post op sleeve yet not losing weight - for me anyhow.

Today is the Week 7 (and 3 days) weekend. I weighed today as part of my new once a week regime. I am sadly still in the 16 stone bracket. I have walked such a lot this week as we went away for a few days, my protein has been good and no sickness this week from incomplete chewing or eating to fast.

My food has become more normal and less mushed this week and I've had a number of success at eating in public at restaurants and hotel and such. All positive

My weight however is not dropping off as one might have hoped!!!!! ?

Today I was 16 stone 10 ounces - yes it even weighs ounces! I have to admit I was a little desolate about it. I've lost about a stone and a half now since my op. That's averaging about 3lbs a week - just under. That's good I know and better than gaining - I know all that. It's also similar to what I manage with weighwatchers. I know it's normal. I know it's better than losing super fast - I have already told myself all of that.

It's also better to be here in August a pound from 16 stone that when I was a 1lb from 19 stone back in April.

I am definitely dieting - make choice to reduce fat and sugar intake. Looking for low calories options. Focussing on protein. So I feel all the emotional elements of being on a diet.

I've started to have days where my restriction is immense and food isn't easy - other than soup and liquids. Other days I can eat really well and hit 1000 calories without so much effort.

Let hope next week I break into the 15 zone. I am looking forward also to my BMI to drop into class 1 obese. It was just class 3 obese at the outset and I have been a class 2 obese person for a while now - will be nice to be only a class 1.

Hope everyone has a good weekend x

Attachments

• image-2444976598.jpg
    image-2444976598.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 35
Debs. When the weight loss flows down in the early stages it is disappointing but I still lost inches and dropped clothes sizes

This is for life now and we are less likely to gain massive amounts of weight quickly like we did in the past and weight loss will remain weight loss long term (well not for me cause my band was broke) lol

Your right, you have come so far and once your body catches up with the scales the weight will drop off again.

I made a comparison between WLS and SW losses and was bitterly disappointed - after the drastic weight loss at the start there is no getting away from the fact we do have to diet. But what an amazing tool you have to help you now. Xxx

A nice start to a windy day today! Awake at 430am as I am flying to Belfast for a meeting today.

Well the seats on this tiny jet are the enclosed type. By that I mean that each seat is separated by a solid panel. There is no splay room whatsoever!

I last flew this route in March and it was uncomfortable and whilst the seat belt did fit, it was at its tightest and most uncomfortable throughout.

Today the belt has a good 4-5 inches left once it is on and my flesh is no longer compressed into the seat!

Whilst my weight loss may be unremarkable in terms of speed - these little wins do always have a very uplifting impact.

Have a good Wednesday. 8 weeks out today!

X

A nice start to a windy day today! Awake at 430am as I am flying to Belfast for a meeting today.

Well the seats on this tiny jet are the enclosed type. By that I mean that each seat is separated by a solid panel. There is no splay room whatsoever!

I last flew this route in March and it was uncomfortable and whilst the seat belt did fit, it was at its tightest and most uncomfortable throughout.

Today the belt has a good 4-5 inches left once it is on and my flesh is no longer compressed into the seat!

Whilst my weight loss may be unremarkable in terms of speed - these little wins do always have a very uplifting impact.

Have a good Wednesday. 8 weeks out today!

X

That's a cracking NSV. I bet the other passengers wondered who the grinning lady was :D Did you post that from the plane before take-off?

Just caught up with your diary. Yes I feel like am dieting too. Would be nice if I could relax a little over food but hey ho, in for the long term. I dint know if you measured as well as weighed but it certainly sounds like you are shrinking. :)

By the way, love that photo, you look really healthy and slim.

hugx for now. :flowers: for your anniversary :D

Well I am managing ok overall with more solid food. Chicken still makes me sick - no matter how it's prepared. Skins on things is also an effort which ends in sickness - skin on tomatoes and potatoes being strong sickness triggers! I keep trying as I hope it rights itself in time.

I find I am fine now with drinks. I can a mange all I need to and its painless. I can even drink a mug of coffee now and it's still hot when I finish.

Weight loss is still stop and start and I've accepted this is just how my journey will be

Hair loss is evident now. I am not bald but my hair is much thinner indeed and lies lacklustre and limp. I am a little upset about this as my hair was about the only thing I liked about myself. I am not going to obsess. I am sure it will come back eventually!

I can fit into some size 18s now which is lovely having been in a 24.

My head hunger hits every 3-4 days and most times I win the battle. Not always. Last night I had a snack packet of twiglets before bed time. All chewed well. Woke up at 1am in gripping abdominal pain. Intense and unrelenting. Walked around burping for England for 3 hours before being sick at 4am. A lesson learned.

My wounds have totally healed. Now just thin red lines across my tummy - like a drunken tattooist has adorned me with morse code rather than Chinese lettering!

Pooping provides no issues - I am maintaining my every day including day of surgery record on this front.

Food is boring now which is sad but I know ta only due to where I am in my recovery. It will become more fun again as I get used to what I can and cannot do.

I've successfully eaten out now on 8-10 occasions. Only one fail - prawn salad - I think the endless grated carrot wasn't enjoyed by my sleeve and I had to exit a business meeting - be sick - and return composed and pretend it had not happened! Lol.

Hope everyone has a good weekend/week ahead. I am of to a residential musical theatre week with my daughter who will be leaping about and singing her head off!

Take care everyone x

Great update and great progress :) it does get easier and the hot coffee is testament to that lol...I hated the cold food and drinks bit ughhhh its all a matter of time and a huge learning curve.....am your doing brilliantly WTG x x x

Sounds like you are doing really well Debs. I am the same with chicken. Finding I miss the social side of eating as eating out now is not quite the same but I am sure it will get easier. Well done on those size 18'S!!!!

Take care
Jackie
xxx

Grr I forgot you hid your diary in pre-op, well that's my excuse for missing your update. :eek:

I hope you continue to do well with solid food, it does fill you up. Chicken is a funny one, you could try slow cooker so it basically falls to bits? As for skins, I am exactly the same, I avoid tomatoes anyway because of reflux but beans, peppers etc all irritate me, just like they did with my band. I actually quite like my baked beans zapped with my trusty braun handheld, comes up a bit like refried beans lol. Must admit I have been holding off trying prawns, you cant really chew them down or maybe that is just me not using shedload of Polygrip :8855:

When you say you are sick with things do you mean actual vomit type sick or lots of saliva type frothy stuff with food in it ? Sorry if tmi :).

What is it with head hunger every few days? I think it's like an addiction thing trying to sneak back in when you are off guard. I'll see you one pack of twiglets and raise you to 7, yes SEVEN, Dark chocolate stem ginger biscuits. :eek: :eek: :(

Don't ask, was self destruct day and sadly I didn't dump to teach me a lesson.

Hope you have a great week being all Thespian and jigging aboot ;). Seriously hope you have a lovely time with your daughter. My boys were monosyllabic as teens .. Well youngest still is at 21, eldest wont shut up. :D

Ps gonna send you a DM...

Mwah op-bud x

Well 10 weeks out yesterday.

Overall life is good!

Weight loss is a roller coaster but it is happening. I doubt I will be the fastest loser but I am losing albeit it with no consistency!

My overall starts from start of the liver diet aren't awful.

I am elated to be a class 1 obese person from a class 3. I am also elated to be under 100 kilos as I think it sounds more like a weight of a person than of a large bull.

I still have sleeve surprise days! I cannot eat chicken, no matter how soft, how well chewed and how slowly I eat. It seems to come back.
I also find eggs are a bit of a trial and usually end up purged.

I get on well with fish so that's something.

I don't see the team till I am 12 weeks out and I am a bit concerned that no blood work has been done so no idea how my nutrient levels are. My GP is nice but not really interested or proactive about it. Time will tell I guess.

Otherwise my home is still a leaking war zone. One leak was found back in May but the other is still not identified. House is vile as a result. Very unsettling.

GCSE results today so super anxious for my dear daughter.

I feel better in myself. In a bra - my boobs poke out more than my belly. What a non scale victory!!!!!

X

Attachments

• image-2811829073.jpg
    image-2811829073.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 20
Hey Debs.

Thats a great loss since you last posted, maybe your sleeve finally woke up hun :). Here's hoping. As for the bloods, apparently it takes a while before we deplete our stores of nutrients so I wouldn't worry. I think mine were done too early at 4 weeks and 12 seems more reasonable. How are you cooking your eggs? Scrambled are apparently the hardest to get down an the recommendation is you try poached or boiled first. I do mine sort if soft but not runny and that works for me, have avoided scrambled because I like those made with lashings of butter :D

Fingers crossed for your daughter's results today. Hope she gets what she hopes for.

All in all you sound like you are doing great. I lolled at your boobs sticking out more. Have been digging out my pre weight gain bras and managed to find a couple that fit very well, 38dd? not too shabby, on the last hook and a bit neat but cups perfect. Checked my measurements yesterday, one or two haven't changed but the rest have. I must be a weird shape lol.

Sending you a big hug x :flowers:

My super fabulous child got an A, six Bs and two Cs with one further result pending. I am overjoyed. She worked so hard and was so stressed. She has sufficient Grades to move to the new sixth form and so a new chapter starts. I have cried most of the day I am so relieved! X

My super fabulous child got an A, six Bs and two Cs with one further result pending. I am overjoyed. She worked so hard and was so stressed. She has sufficient Grades to move to the new sixth form and so a new chapter starts. I have cried most of the day I am so relieved! X

Girl did fantastic hun. Hope you are treating her, treat yourself whilst you are at it lol I know how stressful it is.

Crackin results :D

Great results for and your daughter, I'm being sleeved today and also really looking forward to being under 100kg and my boobs being first through the door ;)

Back