• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Debs ramblings about her NHS sleeve...

What a heartfelt honest post that resonated with me and probably many of us

When I had my band I was constantly terrified of being one of the statistics.

You have done so well. No reason for you not to continue that way xx

Well my home crisis is finally being resolved. We had burst pipes back in May 2015 under the fitted oven in the kitchen. It meant the oven and the housing were removed, then most of base units and a large hole dug into the floor. Damp proof membrane was then installed, and another problem then ensued when the drains collapsed from the work. We have not had a oven since May 2015! It's been a combi microwave and hob only with all our pots and pans in cardboard boxes. It's been very debilitating arguing with the builders, insurance and suppliers. Finally his week a new kitchen is being fitted. I long and flooring are some way off but the relief of knowing the end is in sight is immense!

For the first time since my LRD I will be able to bake and roast food for my tiny pouch!!

I continue to eat little, my teeth have been negatively effected the dentist says so I have doubled up my vitamins and have some hefty dental bills to deal with.

My weight is crawling along - I am 13 stone 7 now so another 1lb lost this week.

Otherwise I am ok. I am tired often - but that's possibly my age! My hair has stopped falling out I think but I am not as yet, seeing regrowth. It is very dry and brittle compared to its luscious pre op state.

Hope everyone is ok.

Hi Debs, the thought of this disruption for so long is terrible. I had a new kitchen in 2011 and still remember how awful it was. Here is wishing it is all finished soon and will become a distant memory xx

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. The kitchen saga continues

I am in Surrey this week teaching. Always nice to have a week in a hotel with no evening chores other than some prep and a soak in the bath. Bliss.

Have managed hotel food so much better also. Combination of making better choices now and realising my limits. No sickness so far. Fab!

My colleagues haven't seen me since June - so for many it was a shock. Some actually didn't recognise me.

I took a snap to send my child as if bought a new cardi. She said 'momma you look slim today'. I was quite taken aback. That's a phrase I've never heard!

I am not slim as yet - I am a size 16 and 13 stone 6 but it was a lovely thing to hear

Hope everyone is well.

Attachments

• image-1645335129.jpg
    image-1645335129.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 113
Oh wow Debs, you look beautiful.

I have to say, if you're not slim yet, where are you hiding it..!?

Congratulations on everything you've achieved here Debs, an inspiration..xx

Oh wow Debs, you look beautiful. I have to say, if you're not slim yet, where are you hiding it..!? Congratulations on everything you've achieved here Debs, an inspiration..xx

Awwww that's very kind. I feel great as I am in fairness. The scales and the hospital don't say I am slim and nor is my BMI but I am content. I think it's great being a size 16 and I love at my clothes now in wonder as, to me, they are tiny! I've blended into the masses and that's a joy!

I don't feel like any inspiration - perhaps other than keep going and try and keep head above water. I am hardly a poster girl for doing it all well but at least people can see there are ups and down.

Thank you as always for your messages xx

Wow debs you look amazing. Well done xxx

Well the end of February approaches. Sleeves life is far more settled these days. Clearly 6-8 months in the intensity of the post surgery phase is waiting. Less sickness. Less silly mistakes. No less burping!!!!

My weight loss is very moderate indeed. 2 weeks of the month no change at all. One week I may lose 2 lbs and then another week I may gain half a pound. I am definitely crawling along now!
That said, I am 22lbs from a healthy BMI of 25. And my sleeve was never sold to me as a solution for 100% of my excess weight. They always made it clear i would hope to lose 60-70% of my excess weight. My sleeve has already delivered that. So I guess the last 22llbs will be me or otherwise. I did say at the outset being off my meds, more mobile, more invisible to society, and a size 16 would see me elevated. I actually have a smattering now of size 14s in my wardrobe.

I am mildly concerned that I can definitely eat more now and I most certainly want to eat more. Hunger is back. Not to the gnawing need to binge level I've seen in the past - but a definite feeling of hunger. Not a head one. A belly one!!!!

Perhaps the weather changing to bring will see me up my exercise which may help.

Overall I am very happy. No regrets I had a sleeve as I knew I had exhausted everything before it came to this. However it is a super severe solution to a weight issue and whilst I know it was my only hope - I am sad it came to that.

Have a good week.

Brilliant post debs keep up the amazing work an love honesty. Im almost there now. Xx

No dates to be back at Walsall as yet :(

Expect they have forgotten me.

Had a good time in New York. The flight was so easy. Roomy seat. No lap extension belt. Didn't get so hot and sweaty. Tray table success!

Take care X

Attachments

• image-3007352682.jpg
    image-3007352682.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 47
Debs, you don't look like you were ever a big girl X your gorgeous. Glad flight was a success

Well my 12 month post surgery looms - June no longer seems so far away.

I am surprised/shocked/disappointed that I have only had two follow ups by my NHS hospital post op. I don't know why but I envisaged more before this all started.

Today I finally crawled into the 12 stone zone. Just. By a few ounces. It's a relief as I crawled into the 13 stone zone last November. So this last 14 lbs loss has taken over 20 weeks!!!!

BMI is now 28 and I am pushing to try and get that down a bit more. I am a size 14 more or less now and enjoying a much improved health situation

I still mourn food. But I accept it is what it is.

I suspect I will end my time here once I reach the 12 months or at least end my diary as I doubt it is adding much va va voom for anyone these days!

I want to pray I sink into normal. And avoid regaining

Good luck to all those on their journey.

Debs it definitely has the va va voom effect on me, I've been reading your diary and all of your progresses have been so inspirational! I really hope you keep updating even after you get to where you'd like to be :)

Debs you and your inspirational posts have been a god send to me and have really helped me on my journey. You have been a great support and friend to me and i never tire of reading your updates xx

As I approach my sleeve it's so helpful to read your experiences and the last photo you posted is gorgeous. As Claire said I don't know where you are hiding the 'extra' weight.

I'm sad it sounds like there's been very little post op support though. We were told at the info sessions we were committing to 2 years of followup as well as surgery. I think you're doing really well by yourself though :)

Back