• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Debs ramblings about her NHS sleeve...

As I approach my sleeve it's so helpful to read your experiences and the last photo you posted is gorgeous. As Claire said I don't know where you are hiding the 'extra' weight. I'm sad it sounds like there's been very little post op support though. We were told at the info sessions we were committing to 2 years of followup as well as surgery. I think you're doing really well by yourself though :)

Hello!

Yes my NHS team are monitoring me for 2 years also. Both of my post op appointments have arrived following me calling the hospital and gently asking if I am due to be seen soon. My op was June 2015. Was seen in September and December. Have not had a follow up with the psych at all. And being come through yet for this year. My GP isn't really a sleeve expert so it is a wee bit nerve wracking wondering if all is ok. But I plod on and simply try and be sensible. I will call them again soon to try and provoke another appointment!

Good luck with your journey x

Debs you and your inspirational posts have been a god send to me and have really helped me on my journey. You have been a great support and friend to me and i never tire of reading your updates xx

You are very kind to an old lady! Not long now and your post op phase with start! Prepare to be an emotional melon post op for 2-3 weeks. It's like an emotional crash - relief and trauma mixed I think! Most people experience it and it does pass - honest. Also you will be quite shocked at how hard even sipping water is to start with. It does get easier quickly - so don't despair. It's short lived. Honest.

Enjoy your food farewells xxxx

Debs it definitely has the va va voom effect on me, I've been reading your diary and all of your progresses have been so inspirational! I really hope you keep updating even after you get to where you'd like to be :)

That's very kind of you to say. It's basically the ramblings of a recovering binge over eater who is menopausal and unstable - but other than that I guess it's ok in places!!!!

X

Emotional melon! Love it. I've just warned my husband and he's looking a bit perplexed :)

Emotional melon! Love it. I've just warned my husband and he's looking a bit perplexed :)

My man friend (too old to call him a boy!!!!) was quite shocked at how emotionally la la I became. I am usually very very controlled. Worked in a field where emotional outbursts are not ok! So to see my weeping at adverts and all sorts of silliness quite messed with his head. The relief of the operation happening was enormous. I was fairly elated to survive surgery and have no complications. And it had taken over my life toward ether end with diets and dates and blah blah blah. The anaesthetic also can make some people terrible melon headed till it works its way out of their systems. Equally there is a huge realisation that you've just self sabotaged your emotional crutch and comfort blanket. I'd used food like an antidepressant for years - then literally cut out my stomach and thus removed my ability to use my prior drug of choice. Food. Enough to make anyone weep!!!!! x

Lovely to see an update from your Debs...you have done really well. I feel the same about the site now, I rarely update but I do read most days looking for people from when I joined...did you ever hear from Chrissy? I do miss her posts and hope that she recovered from her hip operation.

Lynn x

Lovely to see an update from your Debs...you have done really well. I feel the same about the site now, I rarely update but I do read most days looking for people from when I joined...did you ever hear from Chrissy? I do miss her posts and hope that she recovered from her hip operation. Lynn x

Hi Lynn

I have not heard from her for a good while. She was doing ok from her hip op. But other wise she has gone quiet. I hope it's because she is having a blast being slim and active with her wls and new hip :)

Good to hear from you xxx

Hi debs hospital called me tuesday and they have bought my date forward to the 8th june. They switched me from mirza to kahn i think. Start pre op 18th may and gotta repeat pre op 31st may. Hope your well.

Kirsty xx

Hi debs hospital called me tuesday and they have bought my date forward to the 8th june. They switched me from mirza to kahn i think. Start pre op 18th may and gotta repeat pre op 31st may. Hope your well.

Kirsty xx
They swapped me to Mr Khan whom I found to be excellent. My op was 10th June so how weird is this !
You will be fine. Do expect highs and lows. Enjoy he highs and remember the lows are normal and short lived. Be kind to yourself and celebrate every step. Being nicer to ourselves is the way forward. Good luck with your LRD.

Well I am 11 months along now post surgery. Most days life is fairly uneventful. I can now thankfully eat most things. Bread, pasta and rice are far to much effort so in fairness k rarely have those. Crisps and chocolate still feature in my week - in smaller quantities and I am ok with that. Every now and then I still make newbie errors and eat too fast or eat too much and sometimes I don't even chew enough. How difficult can it be to blooming chew?!!!! Jeez!!
I have otherwise got into a routine. I do miss some of the joy of food. I can't pretend it's the same. Not that this is necessarily bad - it was just such a social event for me! I've definately become a feeder - my daughter and boyfriend have both gained over a stone this year!
My hospital follow up is June 1st and I will be interested to see what the hospital think of my 12 month post op position.
I am now 20lbs or so from my own target of a BMI of 25. Skin is grim! Health is great.
It has been worth it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    501.8 KB · Views: 21
Well done you :)

Well done!!! Great achievement!

You look so different ! What an amazing road you've had ..

Wow debs the begore and after is amazing and so inspiring. Im about to start my milk diet wednesday and looking at your progress reassures me im doing the right thing. Iv actually gone bak in time with your diary to when u first had op so what to expect is fresh in my mind. Look forward to hearing how you get on june 1st.

Kirsty xx

Wow debs the begore and after is amazing and so inspiring. Im about to start my milk diet wednesday and looking at your progress reassures me im doing the right thing. Iv actually gone bak in time with your diary to when u first had op so what to expect is fresh in my mind. Look forward to hearing how you get on june 1st.

Kirsty xx
Good luck on the milk diet
That's the one I did it's not to bad actually after the first couple of days xxxx

Good luck on the milk diet. I found it dead easy as I didn't have to weigh or measure much and sometimes it was a struggle fitting it all in. If you do struggle though don't feel bad because you'll have us to talk too and I promise it is worth it eventually x

How much have u lost so far in total debs inc pre op diet xx

Thanks for support i have done milk diet before as a 2 week trial and i wasnt too bad. This time its for real tho and its for 3 weeke xx

Back