• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello everyone - my first post!

Thank you for the welcome niccie. Sorry I missed you off my last post!

Argh, Neticak - I missed you too! I'm so sorry. :eek:

I'll hold my hands up and admit I haven't even back to the other site! I probably should poke my nose in though as they'll think I'm rude! :)

Feel like it's been quite productive today, I've been at work since 6:30 this morning so just walked through my front door and finally remembered to book my appointment for my bloods doing. Appointment is Thursday and the sooner that is done the sooner I can tick it off the list. I'm not honestly a fan of having my bloods done, not that I'm scared or anything - I'm just not very good at parting with my blood! My veins like to hide!

Better go do the school run, they are putting on a pop concert this evening which will be nice. Other than that, nothing to update from me. Life as normal haha.

Hope everyone has had a good day. xxx

Hi Kay
To start your own blog on here just start yourself a new thread and name it .. I started mine as soon as I knew I was starting the liver diet . It's only been 3 weeks today and I have re read my diary in here and it's surprising what you forget so quickly ..
What I like on here is I can say anything , think anything , write anything and not be judged , because someone , somewhere on here has thought , done , seen the very same thing .

We are all weight loss sisters ! :)

Mindy
Xxxx

Hi Mindy, you are so right there! There's always someone that knows the answer or the experience to nay situation.

Weight loss sisters, I like it! :)

Kaye xxx

Well it's been a few days so I thought I'd come back. I'm going to use this as sort of a diary - would it be worth asking for it moved to the diaries section you reckon? How do you even do that?

Anyway, over the last week or so I've been introduced to a new song that caught my attention, maybe some of you guys have heard it - it's called Fight song by Rachel Platten. It's wonderfully empowering song that really brought out my determined side! It's about taking control of your life but making that first small step. The whole song inspires me but my favourite lines are:

This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me
It sort of sums up my decision to look into weight loss surgery really, I want to take back my life and I will fight for it because however low I feel, I have enough fight in me to do this!

I've been considering my various options over the last few days and whether I have a back up plan. I absolutely cannot afford to go private in UK, I wish I could! We already have a loan for my car and small debt consolidation so whilst I would probably be approved for another loan, I'd rather not stretch my family's finances too thin.
So private in UK is out, but what about in Europe? I keep reading of clinics and hospitals in Czech Republic but more popularly in Belgium. The cost is approximately half the price of UK for the same treatment which really makes me wonder why? If they can do it as efficiently and perfectly as UK then why does the UK hospital charge such extortionate amounts? Ah well, it probably comes down to politics and I'm not fluent in that language unfortunately. I'm a head-in-sand sort of person really. I vote of course, I cannot grumble if my two-penneth is not in and accounted for. Plus, without wanting to sound soap-boxy, women died for me to have such privileges and I won't forget that.

Anyway, I digress, something I'm good at. I work in a call centre so I'm good at talking! :D

I've still got my fingers crossed for NHS funding because believe it or not this would be the fastest option for me also! If I chose to go private in Europe I would still need a loan and I won't do that until the current one is repaid in full - another 4 years! I fantasise about it you know, having the money and booking it. Flying over with my husband, being sleeved and flying back to start my second chance life. I guess I'll keep backing my lottery numbers. :)

Hope everyone is well,
Kaye xxx

I came across an achievements and rewards chart, it might even have been on here. If it was you, I hope you don't mind me using your idea - it was such a lightbulb moment when I saw it!

I thought it was an amazing & genius idea so I've borrowed the idea.
I have it wrote down in my paper weight loss journal too but if it's here then other people can use it if they want.

Achievement: Get under 21st
Reward: New top/Sims 4 expansion pack (guilty pleasure haha)

Achievement: Get under 20st
Reward: Nails done

A: Get into 18st bracket
R: New make up

A: Get under 18st, more than a quarter way there.
R: New shoes

A: Get to 16st
R: Hair done or new styling tool

A: Get to 15st - more than halfway!
R: Trip to theme park of choice

A: Get under 14st
R: New outfit

A: Get under 13st
R: New underwear and join the gym

A: Get under 11st - nearly there!
R: Night out with pretty new outfit

A: Reach 10st Target or Size 10/12

R: New wardrobe, new outfits for my family and family photo-shoot with canvas for the living room.

Last edited:
Good idea !
Xxx

I'm another Yorkshire pass *waves*
My sleeve is in a couple of weeks and I already have a couple of t-shirts about 3 sizes smaller than I am now because I saw them in the sale and nothing big is ever available. I think having goals set out the way you have is a great idea that I might steal too :)
Good luck x

Steal away Fee :)

And YAY for another local! *waves back*
Whereabouts in Yoprkshire are? <nosey> ;)

Good morning everyone, hope everyone is well and happy and having a wonderful Wednesday.

I had a bit of a scare last night. I was sat here at my desk just reading through the forums and listening to the kids bickering over who should have first pick of the telly. <yawn>
And I suddenly felt really dizzy, sick and a bit squashed actually. My chest was hurting right in the centre and it radiated all the way through my body to the centre of my back It felt like there was a funny sort of intense pressure inside my ribs and like I had another person the size of me sat on my chest, or trying to get out of my chest - it's very hard to describe.
Anyway, it brought on a headache and all lasted for about 30 minutes, it's all pretty much gone except for a pain in my right shoulder now and a tiny headache.

Obviously chest pains are very scary and can be serious. Had it lasted and lasted and lasted I would have called 111 for further advice. As it was I called my husband who was still at work and he came home shortly after anyway. The kiddos all went off top bed and so did I and this morning I feel much better, at the time I was really scared because as I mentioned in my first post, my dad had heart disease and had his first heart attack in his thirties. He had four in total and sadly the last one was just too much for his body to cope with and he didn't survive it.
I'm going to mention this little episode to my GP in case I need an MOT or at least to get it on my records that my chest does funny things that scare me!

In other news, I took my little puppy to the vets this morning, she is 13weeks old and had her second vaccinations and microchip. She's busy sulking at me now. She still loves me at least, I bought her some new treats for not being difficult haha. She was so chilled it's unbelievable - if someone had tried to stick a needle that big in my neck without my permission I'd have barked a little. In fact, I don't run often but you'd definitely have to catch me for that!

Righty oh. It's lunchtime now but I also need a shower, to pick my brother up, to pick my daughter up from school for the dentist and take her on the 60 minute journey to the dentist, all before 2pm. Then I go to work. :character00254:

But I'm hungry so I'm off to the freezer to search for chicken fillets. :eat:

Much love to all xxx

Kay , I would really go and have that sort of radiating pain checked out .. Call the NHS and tell them what happened , please . It could be as simple as a panic attack but please talk to a medical person about it ..
Mindy
Xxxx

Oh that does sound worrying, I second Mindy's suggestion to get yourself checked out just in case. We have heart problems in my family and I have medical conditions that put me more at risk so I know what you mean about the 'what if' thoughts. I'm in sunny Sheffield :)

Not so sunny today Fee! And the snow yesterday?? :eek:

I completely agree with you both on reflection, reading it makes it sort of more real if that makes sense. If I had read that on someone else's post I'd have said get checked out pronto! And so I will, I need to see the doc anyway for blood results so will mention it then. I feel back to 100% now, no shoulder pain or anything, but still...it happened and it must have happened for a reason.

I have been holiday shopping today. I hate clothes shopping usually but I had a spring in my step today for some reason. I can just about get away with the plain, stretchy t-shirts and vests in primark so picked up a few of those, some canvas converse style pumps and a couple other bits and bats. Popped along to Asda living and again got a couple of printed vests and some trainers for my 9yo son. I got some lovely cotton trousers (think the name for them is Palazzo Pants?) in Asda supermarket yesterday - they were £10 and they are soooooo comfy!! I wish they'd have had my size in the others too because they really are lovely. We're going to Florida so anything to keep a chunk like me cool but covered is a winner! :D Speaking of the holiday, its 4 and half weeks away and honestly I don't know whether I'm excited or not. It has cost a lot of money and it will be amazing for the kids. We will only be going to Florida this once and I'm already thinking about whether I'll fit on the rides at Walt Disney World and how comfortable to the flight might (not?) be. I'm more nervous and already embarrassed about having to ask for a seatbelt extender. It's not the end of the world and I won't let it spoil the holiday on a whole, just bits that if I was slimmer, if I'd had the surgery years ago like I originally planned, I'd be a whole lot more excited.

Ah well, that was a bit moany wasn't it? Sorry, I'm not normally a moaner but I do like to get things off my chest - what's the point in bottling things up? They just ferment and fester and before you know it they're a massive heavy weight that brings you down and keeps you down.

In other, happier news. It was my husbands grandmas birthday today! I don't pop over to see her enough but I went today with some flowers and a card and it was so lovely! She cried when I walked in. There were members of his family there that I hadn't seen for years! I did sort of gatecrash a party they were throwing though. :D They hadn't invited me as they thought I was working. My husband couldn't go either as he is snowed under at work, the end of the month is always the same. He'll probably have to go in this weekend too - boo! :(
He facetimed me while I was there and wished his grandma happy birthday and made her cry agin! His cousin had put a special photo slideshow on a dvd as a birthday gift and that made us all cry.

It's been a day of happy tears.

Oh, and I got told by a stranger that I have a nice face. Thanks mate! Just literally said it to me as he walked by. I was a bit bewildered at first but figured even if he was being sarcastic (he didn't sound it), it still made me smile. :)

Right, I'd better get ready for work. I've showered but my hair is still dripping wet so I'm a hot mess right now.
Have a zippidy-doo-dah day xxxx

You can buy a seat belt extender on Amazon .. I bought one so I wouldn't have to embarrass myself by asking and I carried it in my hand luggage :)

I reckon America is going to be awesome I really do. They're a nation known for having a lot of larger people so I think you'll have no problems with rides but you might want to plan ahead what to eat?
Well done on the clothes too. I can't wait till I fit in primark clothes - a whole outfit for the cost of one pair of jeans in Evans!

Amen to that Fee ! Overpriced Evans .. I use Yours online now , much cheaper and much nicer looking clothes

Back