• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello everyone - my first post!

I bought a seat belt extender from Amazon and used it a few weeks ago. I was v discrete as I didn't want the embarrassment of the crew explaining why I couldn't use it. Worked a treat and I felt so much more relaxed.

Can't help you with the rides as I've avoided them for far too long! Sounds like a fab holiday you've got to look forward to.

Thank lovelies :)

I'm looking forward to properly shopping in primark too, I can get away with the size 20 stetchy tops as long as they are super stretchy! I tend to just shop at Asda and very.co.uk - asda is pretty limited for the nicer fashions and some can be a bit frumpy sometimes I feel. I'm a fusspot. I always always always get my jeans from Very. I find them to be the nicest fitting, mostly, depending on style. I really love the Ella supersoft ones. I wear them to death but they usually only cost me about £13 cos I stock up when they're on sale :D

I didn't know you could buy extender belts! I've just ordered one. Thanks so much for the tip! Only £8.70, well worth not having to ask and embarrass both myself and my family (although I think this is my paranoia, they wouldn't actually care!).

I honestly hate Evans. I've been in a few times and thought the clothes in there are about covering up more than flattering. Maybe I'm just a weird 31 year old but I don't want to dress like my Mum. I don't even like their tights, I find them a really funny fit, even the biggest size! Not good for your self esteem when the tights packaging says they're supposed to be too big for your measurements and they cut into your thighs and don't go over your bum properly. I love wearing skirts and tights and trying to look as trendy as chunky me can look - I'm yet to find a nice pair of tights. There's a company called BigTightsCompany (I think) and they look fab but I refuse to pay £16 for one pair. £16!!:eek: Have no idea about primark tights but I'm excited to find out :)

I have a lunch date today with my mister, he's finishing work a little early and spending a full day at the office tomorrow (told you didn't I :( ). I'm meeting him at 12 so I'd better get a shuffle on.

I bought a few more bits and bobs for the holiday this morning, some blister plasters and some cushioned plasters. After sun (forgot that yesterday) and a clear zippy bag for my liquids. I also got the husband three chapstick/lipbalms things - the 'flavours' made me smile as they're drinks he loves! Pepsi cherry vanilla, pepsi wild cherry and Mountain Dew! Right I'm off to get ready, I'm going to try false eyelashes today! Not sure how that's gonna go.. We'll see.

Love to all of you, have wonderful days and a lovely happy weekend. I'll probably be back tomorrow but it's quite a busy day so I don't know when.

Kaye xxx

Last edited:
I feel your pain. I've tried false eyelashes before and they're such a faff and ended up with sore eyes looking ridiculous. If I could just find a mascara that doesn't clump or make me look like I've got spiders legs attached to my face I'd be happy.
Agree about Evans too. I wear a lot of rockabilly style dresses which I love because they emphasise my blobs and waist and skim over my belly where I carry a lot of weight. They're not cheap though.

Hello Mapoo, how are you this fine day? It's a day of all four seasons today near Barnsley! How about your neck of the woods? :)

Fee - I have worn falsies before just before Christmas but these were different ones, much longer and ridiculous looking, they looked ok in the packet. I felt like I was flapping a wing on the one eye I managed to do! :D
I'll try the brand I used before next time. I'm sure they were easier.

Howdy doodly do everyone.

A very Merry Sunday to you.

I can officially say we go to Florida this month! I'm a little more excited after my weighty/size wobble the other day. We brought the suitcases in from the garage yesterday and have started distributing holiday purchases between them. They are currently lined up beside me, mine is the heaviest so far. Of course. I didn't think I'd bought that much for myself - then I found the 3 pairs of converse style pumps, 2 pairs chunky flip flop sandals and 1 pair of super light and sparkly flip flops.. Ah yes, can't go wrong with shoes, no matter what your waist size is, shopping for shoes is much easier and less restricted. I do have some clothes, about 8 pairs of shorts, cropped trousers and super thin cotton trousers and about 9 tops. Oh and swimsuit along with a couple chiffon cover up things. This will do as I'm certain I'll be shopping over there too - even if it's just at Walmart. Seems a little funny to me that I shop at Asda over here and I'm looking forward to shopping in their US parent company haha. There is a huge Walmart Supercenter just down the road from our villa too so very convenient, maybe a little too convenient ;)

A small update about my journey is... I referrred my invitation for the Shape Your Weight programme yesterday, I just have to contact them to arrange an initial appointment. I have a few questions that I want to clarify with them, first being how much of the course do I have to complete? My GP said I should only have to do half of it (six weeks) but I guess they could say I have to do the whole thing. It doesn't bother me either way really, it's a hoop to hop through and I actually enjoyed the course last time anyway. I remember most of it and I still have the pedometer they gave me. I love it and use it regularly when I remember - I like the challenge of trying to get to 10,000 steps. I definitely don't do that when I'm at work as I work in a call centre... I do try to make up for it at weekends and days off. The problem is my back, knees and my breathing. I can't remember the last time I managed to get to 10,000 steps in a day. I try but I generally get to about 6 or 7k. We have a puppy now and she's finally allowed to go out for walks! YES! So hopefully this will help my lung capacity and fitness levels. It can't do any harm. Of course it won't really do anything for my knees and back but that's one of the reasons I'm on this path...

I need to get me a pair of wellies as well as we live in a teeny little village on the edge of the countryside. Tons of lovely routes we can take but in typical British style it's rainy. There is a lovely big wooded area nearby that I used to walk around as a kid - I'm so excited to go back there with the pooch and kiddies. The husband can come too, he can carry the picnic! :)

Hope you're all well, love to all.

Kaye xxx

I do have better pictures but Windows 10 has hidden them and I can't find them :(

I did however find my before pictures - I don't know if I'm ready to post them just yet. They're hideous :oops:

I'm sure they're not as bad as they seem.
That said no way am I posting mine until I've lost a fair bit.
Also I'm totally with you on the shoe front. The only size 8 I've fitted into for a long time!

I think you're right Fee. My husband said I see more than what everyone else does. I'm sure everyone does that to be honest. I am very self critical, my self esteem isn't very high and I constantly feel judged when I'm out and about. Even shoe shopping! I know I'm being ridiculous but I can't help thinking that everyone else is thinking the same as my inner monologue;

"Look at the fat girl shoe shopping, that's because she can't fit in any of the clothes in this shop" :(

<sigh>

I hope this surgery will go some way to helping me love myself a bit more.

But hugs. It doesn't sound any fun to feel so self conscious all the time. You should love yourself at least a bit for choosing to care for yourself even though it's hard work by having WLS :)

I'm sure they're not as bad as they seem.
That said no way am I posting mine until I've lost a fair bit.
Also I'm totally with you on the shoe front. The only size 8 I've fitted into for a long time!

Are you worried about your before pics on here Hun ? I don't be if that's true ! Remember we are all the same on here , we are all waking the very same path , whether we have 15 stone to lose or 5 stone ..
Mindy
Xxxxxx

I'll share when I'm ready promise but the photos are me in my undies and a (currently) tight long vest. I wanted to be able to really see the difference but that means after years of making the best of how I look there's no hiding place :)
I think everyone who shares photos here is very brave and I agree it's a very safe environment to do so. I've never looked at anyone's before pics and thought 'urgh' I'm just proud if that's the right word of everyone making the decision to change their lives.
The other thing I have to bare in mind is that I want to keep my anonymity here because of my job.

Rofll., hubby said I should have taken some in my undies , but I just threw him my most sternest Paddington Bear stare and he hushed up .. So your braver than me .. I took a set of four and in another month I will take the set again in the same clothes to see any difference .. But with over 10st to lose I know it's going to be maybe 4st before anything noticeable will show ..
I thought about keeping myself secret as I am reasonably well known where I live and I work in a very public place , but I figure no one would be in here lol .. It's like being an undercover spy ! 007 licence to diet ..
Mindy
Xxxx

I feel your pain. I've tried false eyelashes before and they're such a faff and ended up with sore eyes looking ridiculous. If I could just find a mascara that doesn't clump or make me look like I've got spiders legs attached to my face I'd be happy.
Agree about Evans too. I wear a lot of rockabilly style dresses which I love because they emphasise my blobs and waist and skim over my belly where I carry a lot of weight. They're not cheap though.

I don't know if you can find it in the UK (although you prolly can online at least), but Doll Eye Long Lash mascara by NYX Cosmetics is the bomb! It totally doesn't clump, and gives you those long faboo glamour lashes. I use an eyelash curler first, then apply one coat of mascara, let it set a bit while I start the other eye, then apply a second coat. It stays on quite well -- I haven't noticed a lot of problems with flaking or streaking. NYX is also one of the few brands that makes a really *black* mascara (jet black) -- so many others are more of a charcoal-y soft black.

Oh thanks @Vyerachka I just got Loreal false lash superstar red carpet black. How ridiculous is that name?! It comes with a primer. The one I have leaves white bits on my eyelashes. It was on offer in Boots so we shall see but I'll look up the other one too :)
@countrywench I think it'll show more than you might expect :)

Agree, I love NYX products. I have several of their lip butters, so creamy and pigmented. :)

I will eventually post my before pictures, just not yet. I am in my underwear on these pictures and the world ain't ready for that! :D

Last edited:
Happy weekend-eve everyone!! :)

What a busy week, bank holiday Monday then school trip for my son on Tuesday, normal school day Wednesday and then polling day yesterday so another day off school and the wardrobe fitters swung by just before we were about to leave the house!

These bloody wardrobe fitters are going to get my toe end where they really don't want it if they carry on being unreliable and unprofessional. :mad: Three times they've been here now. First for the original fitting back in January when he fitted all the doors wonky, cut the doors at the wrong angle (they're in the eaves on the attic floor) and cracked the mirrors. He then came back to measure up and said yep no probs, easy fix. :rolleyes: So he re-ordered the doors a month ago and came to fit them yesterday - now the doors are wobbly and the mirrors are duct taped on (I mean come on!) and are still cracked. I'm so sick of him, wish the developers would sack him and be done then get an actual professional to come and do the job! We certainly wouldn't put up with this if we'd booked him, he turns up when he wants, sometimes if you're expecting him he'll call 10 mins before and say his windscreen wiper has broken or he's broken down on the motorway. And he turns up in a van that's painted up for car repairs rather than advertising his fitting business. Something just not right about him.

Anyway. That's my head on brick wall rant over, being so tired doesn't help, I'm easily wound up on Thursdays and Fridays! :p

All in all an busy but unproductive week. Today I'm mostly knackered so I'm off back to bed when I've posted this update ;)

In wls news, I got a call yesterday to triage me into the weight management system so she asked a few question re diabetes and what I'm doing to lose weight, am I trying to lose weight right now - which I replied I am CONSTANTLY trying to lose weight! It's true, I've been on a diet basically since I was 14 with small breaks inbetween when I was having babies. Of course this is the time to watch what you're eating - I put sooooo much weight on with each of my 3 babies because I was of the opinion that "I'm pregnant, I can have what I want. It's the rooools!" ;)
So I felt good knowing I was in the system and she said it would be a 4-6 week wait for an appointment with the consultant, which I said was fine as I'll be on holiday in 4 weeks anyway so it shouldn't drag.

I then get a call this morning telling me I have an appointment next Thursday with the consultant at 10:45 to talk about enrolling me into the programme, would this be the Tier 3 I hear people talking about?
Really made my morning a bit better but now I'm worried that the weight management programme will start when I'm away so I'll miss some of it, guess I'll have that conversation with him next week though.

I was going to record a food diary on here but there are some days where I just don't get time to log on so I think I'd better stick with paper, I could still type it up onto here. I'd like to look back on here when I'm post op to see how much I used to eat. :D

Righty-oh my lovelies, I need to sleep. I've had only 8 hours sleep in 2 nights due to the shifts I work and school/children alarm clock mornings.

Love to all, sorry for my rant earlier.
I probably won't be on next couple of days so wishing all of you a lovely weekend!!
Kaye xxx

Back