• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Insert Witty and Imaginative Title Here

Got the canteen to do me a jacket potato today, ate about half the inside of it - lush! Felt a bit sickly this afternoon but kept it down. Happy days:)

Your looking fab hun, and a big well done :)
Hope your ok, not spoken in a long while

x

I've not been around much for a little while, been far too busy vomiting. Bleurgh.
What I thought was a bug I'd shaken off turned out to be very persistent diverticulitis. I have had my band entirely emptied until the antibiotics sort it out, which means at least I'm not stressing over damaging the band!
I will hopefully stop living in the bathroom in a day or so, then I'll be around more (fingers crossed!).

Hope everyone is doing well x

Awwww hun I feel for you. It's the most horrid experience. Rest up & lots of fluids avoid solids for the next few days at least and try figure out what foods are the main culprits.. Kiwi, strawberries and tomatoes are mine ...I do still however find it hard to resist strawberries :eek:
Xxx

Gosh sounds horrible Hun!!!! I wondered where you'd been now I know you've been givin the porcelain some action. Rest up and try to keep as much fluid down as poss x

I've looked back over my food diary and I have no idea what triggered it. I do know that I made it a million times worse in my dogged determination to struggle on! Today I had a slimfast, sweet potato soup from the canteen and cream of chicken soup for dinner. No vomming, antibiotics stayed down, happy days:)

Now I just need to be careful not to pack on weight! Spoke to my dad tonight, he invited me out for a meal "because now you'll be able to eat everything you can have a few little treats". Thanks, but I don't think so!

Haha lol what's he like! My mother in laws just the same and my mum oh I bought ice creams in for pud cos u can eat that easily!!! OMG!!!!

I've never heard of diverticulitis before, it sounds horrible!

Sorry to hear you've been so poorly, but at least you know what it is/was now and will hopefully on the mend asap.

Will they have to put all the fluid back in stages again?

Gotta love your dad hahaha. So glad your feeling a bit better Sarah :) Have you have been constipated? this can cause diverticulitis to flare too ;).

I've been constipated for the last 6 months love! The antibiotics are thankfully working wonders and the pain has gone, though I'm still sticking to the blandest of bland food, just in case.

BB, as long as it clears up I will have 4ml put in at the end of the month. Three weeks later another 2ml, then play it by ear. I saw my nurse and dietician together, and we were discussing what to do, whether to take out a few ml or empty the band completely. I don't want to risk damaging the band, so I was quite happy for it to be emptied.

Thankfully the diverticulitis means I'm not particularly hungry, but as it clears I'm really going to have to watch my portions - I hadn't realised just how much I relied on the band to tell me when I'd had enough!

Well that explains the diverticulitis Sarah. So now you have to think about how to avoid it... Maybe a regular prescription of something ;)
I'm sure you will manage to contain yourself hun just remember your tea plate size portions etc until you get refilled again. Xxx

So sorry to hear how poorly you've been, you're still as positive & realistic as ever tho Sarah, IF you should gain a pound or two, when he all fixed you'll shift email ova nite along with the rest....1st job, get better asap xxxx

Weigh-in this morning: 18.10.6, a smidge heavier than last week's 18.10.2, but not enough to stress over. I'm trying to stay in control, but part of me is expecting to gain a shedload while the band is empty.
I feel quite human today, the antibiotics seem to have done the biz and as the weather was so nice this avo I took my dad's greyhounds for a nice walk round birkenhead park. I can hardly wait for summer to arrive - at last I get to walk around without having sweat run down my hairline making my hair frizz!

Sadly it looks as though there's no chance of me getting under 18 stone to do the abseil, but I'm sure there'll be other opportunities. My dad was poorly today, so I don't think he'll be putting his name down anyway, so he won't need a stand-in.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend:)

A teeny gain isn't that bad ... And to be honest upping the calories sometimes gives the metabolism a bit of a kick start for when you have some more restriction again, as the body gets confused. If you are hungry maybe just try to eat more of the healthy stuff that you cannot get down when the band is tighter xxx the end of the month will be with you before you know it, and your health comes first at the end of the day :)

Considering how often I was vomming last weekend I was expecting a much bigger gain to be honest! I've bought loads of crunchy salad stuff for this week - peppers and carrots and celery. Bliss! x

Back