• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Insert Witty and Imaginative Title Here

It was proper lush. Never cooked cheek before, but I'll deffo do it again. Two cheeks easily fed five of us (big bowls and seconds for the other 4).
Lots of leftover stew, but not much meat left in it lol!

Sunday weigh-in, and another 2 lbs gone this week. I'm at 19.3.4, and I'd love to be in the 18s for my next band assessment. Not sure 4lbs in 10 days is do-able without some mad crash diet, but it would be lovely.

Sunday weigh-in, and another 2 lbs gone this week. I'm at 19.3.4, and I'd love to be in the 18s for my next band assessment. Not sure 4lbs in 10 days is do-able without some mad crash diet, but it would be lovely.

Well done Sarah..I gained a pound this week...very sad how quick it can come on and how hard to take off :/

Is it really the cheeks of the animal and what does it taste like :eek:

I think it prob tastes like 'oxtail' ....mmmm def going to give it a try in future my mouths still got bootlaces either side xxx

I'm at 5stone 4lbs lost now. Happy days!

I know exactly what you mean Val - I seem to have been messing with the same couple of pounds since before Christmas. Hopefully this week is me getting back on the wagon again, as it's been a good week.

The cheek really was cheek, and it tasted like beef - not as strong as oxtail though. It was very gelatinous, had layers of... not gristle, as it wasn't tough, but jelly-like cartilage I suppose through the meat.
I rubbed a mixture of mustard powder, salt and marjoram into the meat before I fried it to seal it, then lobbed it into the slowcooker overnight with beef stock, barley and veggies. The barley didn't cook very well, as the meat made the stock really thick - when I do it again I'll cook the barley first.

Excitement for today... Wait for it ladies...

NORMAL SIZED BRACELETS FASTEN AROUND MY WRIST!!!!!!

I kid you not, I have a lovely tanzanite tennis bracelet I've never worn as the bracelet was 7.1/4" long and my wrist was 8.1/4" around, but today it fastened and I wore it. It's not a drapy fit, but nor is it digging in. My neck has also shrunk from 17" to 15.1/2", so the 18" necklace my mum bought me for my 30th fits with room to spare rather than fitting like a garotte as it used to:)

Oh-em-gee that beef sounds amazing!!!!! Yum pork cheek is nice too! Well done on the bracelet that's a fair bit to lose from your wrist x x

I'll never be dainty (I have hands like shovels lol), but I love jewellery and to be able to wear normal stuff without having it made bigger... Yippee!!!:D

I agree with WLD. I am being constantly surprised ...wedding band finger is now a sml M having being a U... Always thought I had broad shoulders but I'm shocked at just how small they actually are and I'm still shrinking!
Congrats too on the bracelet :) You made me check my wrist size this morning. I have never been able to wear fashionable bracelets either because my wrist size was 8.75". It's now a lovely 7" :)

Don't tell everyone how delicious ox cheeks are or they will end up expensive like ox tails and lamb shanks and belly pork which used to be really cheap cuts until chefs made them popular!
Cheeks are also great for rich deep curries if you like spicy food.

Ooh, yes, the flavour was quite rich so I'd imagine they'd make a gorgeous curry! Might try that next time I see some for sale:)

Im happy about your dainty wrists Sarah xxx

Back