• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Insert Witty and Imaginative Title Here

My dad has been considering a charity abseil down a local lighthouse in support of Wirral St John's Hospice. Sadly his breathing is so bad these days that it doesn't look likely he'd be able to walk up the steps to the top of the lighthouse. He was talking about asking one of his step-sons whether they'd be willing to do it in his stead if he couldn't manage it on the day (it's not until April).
I've been thinking about what an amazing achievement that would be, so I phoned and asked what the maximum weight would be. It's 18 stone, so I'd have to lose almost a stone in 6 weeks. It is doable, I think, but I don't want to commit to doing it and then not lose enough weight - how mortifying would that be? On the other hand I'd love to do it and it would be an amazing way to celebrate my success to date...

What to do... What to do?

I did an abseil once, it's the single most terrifying thing I have ever done! I don't think I'd do it again lol

Go for it Sarah, good luck!

Ah thankyou! I'd hate to volunteer and then have to back out because I was too fat, so I'm going to see what I lose over the next couple of weeks before I step forwards!

I've had a not very good few days. I caught a cold last week and I think I picked up a bug midweek as I was sick as a dog. Not ideal with a band... I've started back on liquids now, but yesterday got clever and tried cauliflower cheese, which wouldn't go down. Back to liquids today, might try mashed potato tomorrow.
I weighed in this morning at 18.9.6, so another three pounds off, but I figure that will all go back on with my first mouthful of solid food...

((((Hugs)))) Hope your feeling better today Sarah but congrats on those 3lbs hun :) xx

Hi Sarah
That's a good idea, sorry to hear you've been poorly but another 3lbs off - so every cloud....as they say.
Have a great day xx

Thankyou chicks! Today I had a few mouthfuls of fish pie, yum! It's been over an hour and it seems to be staying put, fingers crossed...
Tomorrow I'm thinking something with mince, cottage pie or lasagna. Can steak be far away? Lol, I've forgotten what it feels like to chew something solid! I had considered going for a defill, just until I shook the bug off, but I'm hoping I'm over the worst of it now:)

I would kill for a steak...only managed to eat one once in the past 2 1/2 years, and it was a whole fillet steak. And it was wonderful. One if the wonderous days when I felt I had no restriction. Very fickle things our bands. Hope you are feeling better after your bug now x

Meant to post this in the week and forgot. The first photo was taken during pre-op, just before having my band fitted. The other two were taken on my 6 month surgiversary.

Wow Sarah..that's brilliant..you go girl!!!!!

Im sort of stuck at 20.7 have been there now for a little while stopped losing again :(don't know why
Had fill today so hopefully that might get weight going again :)

I've not had steak in a good while, but I can't say I miss it. I used to really enjoy it, but it honestly doesn't bother me. Odd!

TMI warning...
Got really clever today after my fish pie success. 4 chicken nuggets from the canteen for lunch. Doh! Kept them down for about ten minutes before they made a reappearance. Thankfully I hadn't attempted the chips or veg. Late afternoon I had a latte, which came back curdled. Now sipping warm bovril, cursing my own stupidity.
Could have had soup, but nooooooo... Chicken nuggets. What a muppet.

Awwww hun old habits etc. lesson learned for now any way ;) & tomorrow is another day xxxx

Back