• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pic

Sammy c, it's so natural to feel like that, scared I mean, I think most of us went through the same feelings, but if they were at all worried about you, they would not let you have the operation, it would be too risky.
As Laura said, the end goal is in sight, it really will be the start of your new life. I like, the gorgeous Laura have lost 10 stone in 9 months, I have gone from a size 30 to a size 14, just think, you will be saying similar things by next Christmas . So keep to the pre op, it is there for a reason, they may not operate if your liver has not shrunk enough. My surgeon said he would just sew me back up and I would have to go back to the bottom of the waiting list. You have come too far to spoil it now. I don't want to come across as a nag, but this is a golden opportunity to start a new life.
Good luck.

sammyc said:
yeah we dont have long to go now i am 21 stone so think thats why ive had to do the diet so long but think all hospitals are differant im having mine done at the homerton east london how you feeling about your opp im not gonna lie im pooing myself i have a 2 year little girl and keeep crying thinking im gonna die lol i know its silly just worring about everything now even the hair loss lol

I was sure I was gonna die and leave my 2 little boys behind my youngest was only 11 months old so was terrified do much I sobbed as I left then then cryed all the way there all the way to theatre then even wen they was putting the needles in then first thing I done wen I opened my eyes was cry and say yes I didn't die!!! Lol the anethatist who was there gave me a hug and said did u really think u was gonna die I was like yes!!! Horrible feeling but they r highly trained in the area of Wls so we r in great hands, stick to the rules so it can all b key hole it's safer xxx

thanks guys im gonna stick to it and do this i just want cant !!!!
the next two weeks is gonna feel like 2 years lol

sammyc said:
yeah we dont have long to go now i am 21 stone so think thats why ive had to do the diet so long but think all hospitals are differant im having mine done at the homerton east london how you feeling about your opp im not gonna lie im pooing myself i have a 2 year little girl and keeep crying thinking im gonna die lol i know its silly just worring about everything now even the hair loss lol

I'm excited, but I have to admit kinda scared too. I know I won't die, but it's just such a huge deal. I work in the hospital I'm having surgery in, so I trust the staff.... Hair loss has been my biggest fear! They say it comes back and it isn't that bad. I hope they're right! I'm in the US.

Don't worry melani, mine started falling out soon after surgery but for others it was a few months after. But it's just the bodies reaction to the surgery much the same as it does after childbirth, it looks dramatic but it's not as bad as it looks & of course it continues growing so it's not permanent. Keeping your zinc levels up apparently eases it but I doubt there's really a lot that works its just a good thing to do anyway some on here have used an equine shampoo & treatment which they swear works. Mine loss is slowing now at almost 7mths post op my hair feels healthier once more but that could just be the fact I'm eating more of our healthier new diet & generally feeling well so perhaps it's all in the mind.

Hi Laura you look absolutely fantastic. It's so inspiring to look at your photos and shows it can be done! I had a band fitted Feb 18 2011 and have lost 7 and a half stone. I never could have done it without WLS and thank God I have managed to achieve that. I still find it hard and so go on this site and when I read threads like yours and see the great achievements it helps me to keep on going. I'm now 14.9 and it has slowed right down so I need to get my head in gear and get a couple more stones off. Well done you look great x

Amber002 said:
Hi Laura you look absolutely fantastic. It's so inspiring to look at your photos and shows it can be done! I had a band fitted Feb 18 2011 and have lost 7 and a half stone. I never could have done it without WLS and thank God I have managed to achieve that. I still find it hard and so go on this site and when I read threads like yours and see the great achievements it helps me to keep on going. I'm now 14.9 and it has slowed right down so I need to get my head in gear and get a couple more stones off. Well done you look great x

7.5 stone that is fantastic well done u, it will slow down the less u got to lose, mines really slowing down now I'm at 13 stone 11lb want to get to about 12 stone that will do me :) xx

how do you get the pictures on i have uploaded two to start an album but they don't show on my page like yours do ? mine aren't anuwhere near as good as yours but it's something i'd like to keep a record of :)

angiemason said:
how do you get the pictures on i have uploaded two to start an album but they don't show on my page like yours do ? mine aren't anuwhere near as good as yours but it's something i'd like to keep a record of :)

I do it on my fone Hun not too sure how u do it on a computer sorry :-/ I bet they r fab pics xx

OMG Laura!! You look absolutely AMAZING!!!!:happy096:

Well done on your fantastic success!

Hi Laura

You look amazing and are a really inspiration. I am just starting out on my journey and can't wait to actually have the op done. If I look half as good as you I will be over the moon. I have about the same to loose as you did...starting out at 340lbs. I have been looking through loads of magazines and looking at the clothes I will be able to buy..have you become a shopaholic? I know I am going to go nuts...lol.

Well done hun...any tips you have I would really appreciate them.

Hi, Laura
It's Stef . I haven't been on here for ages and just wondering if you still were?
How are you getting on???

So sorry guys that I ain't replyed to u all have not been able to get on here for so long lost my password but found it and I'm back :) lol here's a recent piccie of me hope ur all well

Attachments

• image-1546383310.jpg
    image-1546383310.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 314
  • image-3548170288.jpg
    image-3548170288.jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 258
Muttley1900 said:
Wow, just seen these posts and your diary for the first time. Well done you, a fantastic change.

Thank you x

Laura b said:
So sorry guys that I ain't replyed to u all have not been able to get on here for so long lost my password but found it and I'm back :) lol here's a recent piccie of me hope ur all well

The picture on the left is the most recent iv lost about a stone from the one on the right x

Back