• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yve's Diary.

Yvessa said:
Exactly. One is white, so Katherine can be a ghost for halloween :p

Lol!!!!!!!!

Arrgh. Another argument with my mum. Apparently I am ungrateful and arrogant.

Yvessa said:
Arrgh. Another argument with my mum. Apparently I am ungrateful and arrogant.

Wow!!! What a cheek!! So you should be weak and a pushover over arrangements surrounding YOUR major op??

Somebody else sounds arrogant to me.... And likes to get their own way or the insult gun will come out!

Feeling better about this, spoke to my sister and she agrees with what I think is the best way. So feel more in control. Still annoyed by what mum said, but I know what she's like. I will just let her do her thing.

Have started thinking about soups to put in the freezer before I go into hospital. Will look at some tinned ones but also want some stuff that's a bit different. Have been looking at the red recipes from return to slender, but am a little worried - are we not supposed to have completely clear soups with no bits? or am I misunderstanding?

Hospital stuff has mostly arrived now, had my hair cut, will dye it on Sunday so I don't go grey again :)cry:am only 29).

will be in single figures tomorrow! Can't believe it.

Glad you feel happier chick :)

Some hospitals go straight to puree. Mine is clear soups or strain the bits out.

I have had some grey in my hair since I was 15. In one patch lol

A grey patch is suppose to be lucky Fuffs I wouldn't worry too much about your hair, be fine if you dye it just before you go then you not conscious of grey hairs coming through
Yve. I took anew nighty and 2prs of pj,s when I was in the nirse said would be easier just pulling my top up rather than my nighty right up as long as they not tight. My nighty was new and pj,s i ahd had a while but not used them kept them for hospital by the time 2 weeks post op they were far too big, my sister works in a care home and one of her old girls is a big lady and has little or no family so she got my night wear and my dressing gown and some of my tops and cardigans so they went to good use. We go through clothes so easily when the weight falls off especially the first 3-4 months. I haev given loads to charity shops and now have lots from my daughter and if i have to buy anything we have an x catalogue store a few mioles away that does simply be clothing and some evans stuff at very cheap prices hAVE HAD LOADS of stuff from£3 and some as cheap as 99p tis wonderful also had 2nd hand stuff honestly ladies its hard to keep up with clothes. leggings are good but its just covering the legs and behind with some tops. but you learn it is lovely though you enjoy it xx

Have only 9 days left to go. Still do much to do. Suggestions please old what to buy in for the two weeks straight after op? Also, have keep warm mugs. Side plates. Should I get a kids bowl also?

Yvessa said:
Have only 9 days left to go. Still do much to do. Suggestions please old what to buy in for the two weeks straight after op? Also, have keep warm mugs. Side plates. Should I get a kids bowl also?

I have used small cups all week. Dried skimmed milk powder to add to things for protein. Cuppa soups. Oxtail soup is yummy and is almost smooth and you get two servings out of a tin. Mushroom soup. Cordials. Drinking yoghurt is a help too. Got mine from Lidl. A big bottle for 99p.

Bovril or oxo too. Bovril helped me loads Monday and Tuesday xxx

oh Yve its come round so quick!!! im so excited for you!! yay!! :)

Thanks hun :)

I will get some oxtail soup. But am lactose intolerant so can't manage marvel etc. Or drinking yoghurts. I can have soya yoghurt and mix with milk so its drinkable.

Can also have a small amount of cheese as well.

Yvessa said:
Thanks hun :)

I will get some oxtail soup. But am lactose intolerant so can't manage marvel etc. Or drinking yoghurts. I can have soya yoghurt and mix with milk so its drinkable.

Can also have a small amount of cheese as well.

That should be fine. It says in my book to just swap to low fat dairy alternatives :)

Can you manage a whole tin of soup? Or does one last a couple of days? My bariatric dietitcian recommended the campbells condensed soups made up with milk

Ouch!
Really severe back pain and I'm not sure why. Was shopping around Asda, and I don't normally get much back pain, and have lost considerable amount but today was in agony. Barely made it to the car.

Sitting with a hottie bottie now, but ow!

Yvessa said:
Ouch!
Really severe back pain and I'm not sure why. Was shopping around Asda, and I don't normally get much back pain, and have lost considerable amount but today was in agony. Barely made it to the car.

Sitting with a hottie bottie now, but ow!

Maybe its ketosis. I can get camps. Lack of potassium or something I think.

Hope you get better soon xxx

I've never heard that before. Any suggestions on how to combat this?

Tends to be bananas. So not helpful. Not sure if potassium comes in a supplement. I must read so much srap online. Some of it is probably rubbish lol

Good :D

Back