• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yve's Diary.

Yvessa said:
I am a nut about to do lists. Cross one thing off, add two more.

Lol!! That's not helpful to yourself. But then I often do something similar lol

I am getting there though. One thing at a time.

My hospital list seems way long. What do you guys think?

Knickers
Sports Bra
Long nighties
Slippers
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Shower Gel
perfume
Dry Mouth Spray
iPhone w/Charger
Meds
Dressing Gown
HairBrush
Hair products
socks
sponge
big towel
peppermint tea ( for wind pain )
water bottle ( easier to drink out of )
also have to take my cpap
body cream
wet wipes
Dry shampoo
loose trousers
loose t-shirts
earplugs
headphones
tissues
squash
laptop
tummy pillow
dress
Nintendo DS
Your going to need a suitcase, lol

yay! To-do list now shrunk from 12 items to 7 - halfway there. Have ordered new stick blender for extra oomph.

Your going to need a suitcase, lol[/QUOTE

I would take off all the 's' - you wont need more than one of anything!

From my experience I would take off.
Sportsbra - I went without a bra for 2 weeks, due to where wounds were.
Laptop - you wont have the energy or inclination
Dressing gown - if your up, you will be in a chair or home.
Perfume - not good for other patients (asked not to use at our hospital)
Socks - you will have your stockings on
Big towel - they provide towels
Peppermint tea - you will be NBM unitl morning of home.
Water bottle - as above
squash - as above
Tummy pillow - the ward gave me one
Dress - with those stockings! LOL
Nintendo DS - same as lap top

I took far to much, and I had no visitors - once I felt well enough to be up and about and was allowed to be on free clear fluids - I was on my way out of there back home!
x

Yes onion I agree i did need dressing gown though I wandered all over with my drip stand waiting for visitors and when the drip ws taken off the following day i could have abottle of water and was allowed to leave the ward but the others wernt well enough we walked outside was alovely day sat on the wall 10 mins with family and then we sat in cafe. T he clothes i went in i came home in but remember you have to come out wiv those sexy stocking on so if you are vain you will need long bottoms on. I had 3/4 trouser couldnt give a knack i was going home and very proud of my self.Hardly looked at my puzzle books just couldn't concentrate just used my i pod and phone. wash bag and night wear thats bout it really. xx

I was in Friday to Monday like Chrisa. I was out of bed changing into my own nightie the same evening of my op. I had a lot with me and genuinely used nearly everything. Dry mouth spray was cool the first evening as I was only allowed to sip. And after not drinking since 6.30 that morning, my mouth was like sandpaper lol

I would say whatever makes you feel more comfortable take it. If you don't use it, so what, if you do, bonus :D

Oh you lucky people being able to drink - I had op on Sunday afternoon and was not allowed sips of fluid until the Wednesday afternoon - IV fluids only. My lifeline was indeed my dry mouth spray - best top tip from here ever! I too was in my own PJ's the next morning, (well leggings and baggy t-shirt) can't be doing with PJ bottoms spinning round my legs at night as I am like a washing machine in bed...round and round and round!

x

OOnion said:
Oh you lucky people being able to drink - I had op on Sunday afternoon and was not allowed sips of fluid until the Wednesday afternoon - IV fluids only. My lifeline was indeed my dry mouth spray - best top tip from here ever! I too was in my own PJ's the next morning, (well leggings and baggy t-shirt) can't be doing with PJ bottoms spinning round my legs at night as I am like a washing machine in bed...round and round and round!

x

I was in IV fluids too until 2 days post op. I tissued too, so they took my morphine off me and swapped my water onto it. Great swap! Lol

lol thanks for the suggestions ladies :) I will probably leave the laptop but still taking the 3DS. As I suspect I will be up late :)

Your iphone will probably be enough for internet etc. 3DS will be good if you cant sleep lol

I usually can't! I am a horrid insomniac if I'm not in my own bed. So will take 3DS, iphone goes where I go anyway! I will miss my car :( I hate the thought of not being able to drive.

I was waking up every hour when I was in. I am terrible in hospital. But I can sleep fine in some hotels (not all lol)

I bet not being able to drive will be annoying x

I drive for the sheer pleasure of it rather than just to get places. Love the freedom, love the zoom zoom. So yeah, will miss it. Only two weeks though I hope.

I am going to start doing my lessons again soon. I was booked in for my test, but was heavily pregnant and in and out of hospital. Then my theory ran out. Have not had the heart to restart since :(

But feel I can do it again now :)

Thanks Yve :) Going to book myself in for an eye test, get new glasses and give it a whirl :D

good for you Sophie :D

Back