• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

From Fat to Fit Sleeve Diary!!

Hi Lisa I'm back lol and so pleased and proud to see you've started a diary and are doing well. Bear with the pre op diet it will b worth it. And let your team guide you. Sounds like you've got it all under control. I'm still waiting for September 25th to come around. Kirsty xx

Hi Kirsty :) welcome back and hope your sis is ok?

Thanks for the motivation. It's been difficult, but I am feeling better for it already. My scales are broke but I do feel slightly slimmer!!!

Yes role on September 25th Hun. It will soon come round and it will be your turn next :)

Speak soon xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

:( difficult times!!

I feel really sooooo bloody hungry and irritable!!!! I am having to distract myself and keep busy which is difficult as my energy levels are low.

Today felt so strange not having my usual Sunday dinner.

On the positive side though, I have been on the pre op diet a week now and been really good :)

Ticking the days off the calendar now and my op day can't come soon enough now.

Keep telling myself to keep going!!

Have a good evening everyone xx

Hi VioletAgel.

I start my pre-op diet today. I am allowed the following:

Example Diet Plan
Breakfast
A tub of ‘diet’ yoghurt or
fromage frais or
Three tablespoons of low calorie cereal ( such as weetabix, porridge) with milk from allowance
Mid Morning
One piece of fruit
Lunch
100 grams of lean meat or chicken or fish
Large mixed Salad with vinegar or lemon juice (no oils)
And 2 egg sized potatoes or 60 grams of pasta or rice
Mid Afternoon
One diet yoghurt
Or piece of fruit
Dinner
100 grams of lean meat or chicken or fish
Selection of vegetables ( no butter)
And 2 egg sized potatoes or 60 grams of pasta or rice
Evening
150 grams of fruit such as strawberries or grapes
Fluids Water (not fizzy) or
Tea, coffee or skimmed milk or
Fruit juice or Diet squash

Today my menu is:
Brekkie: weetabix
Snack: Fruit
Lunch: Feta salad with 1/2 a pitta bread
Snack: Yogurt
Dinner: Salmon, New Pots, Broccolli and Carrots
Snack: Fruit

It is going to be a 17 days, but you know what.... I am gonna do it, this is the start of my new life!!

Hi VioletAgel. I start my pre-op diet today. I am allowed the following: Example Diet Plan Breakfast A tub of ‘diet’ yoghurt or fromage frais or Three tablespoons of low calorie cereal ( such as weetabix, porridge) with milk from allowance Mid Morning One piece of fruit Lunch 100 grams of lean meat or chicken or fish Large mixed Salad with vinegar or lemon juice (no oils) And 2 egg sized potatoes or 60 grams of pasta or rice Mid Afternoon One diet yoghurt Or piece of fruit Dinner 100 grams of lean meat or chicken or fish Selection of vegetables ( no butter) And 2 egg sized potatoes or 60 grams of pasta or rice Evening 150 grams of fruit such as strawberries or grapes Fluids Water (not fizzy) or Tea, coffee or skimmed milk or Fruit juice or Diet squash Today my menu is: Brekkie: weetabix Snack: Fruit Lunch: Feta salad with 1/2 a pitta bread Snack: Yogurt Dinner: Salmon, New Pots, Broccolli and Carrots Snack: Fruit It is going to be a 17 days, but you know what.... I am gonna do it, this is the start of my new life!!

Heya Excitedbutnervous :)

Great to hear that your sounding so positive!! All the best with your pre op diet. You will do just great. I think your diet sounds really nice Hun:). I wish mine contained more variety and options but hey ho.

I must admit I am not finding it easy but I am following it to the rule. I feel absolutely starving all the time and my energy levels are low.

On the positive side, I feel slimmer and healthier already :)

We are on the countdown together now. Our op day will be here in no time. It's so exciting!!

Speak soon and keep up the good work :)

You're so positive hun :) and like you say the op isn't far off now, this 2 weeks will be but a distant memory once you're a skinny minnie :)

The pre op diet really is the hardest bit!!! Sounds like you are all doing great! I only had to do 10 days though I actually did 12 but don't know how I would have coped with 3 or 4 weeks!!
It is super hard but stay focussed and you'll get through it, it's a step closer to your goal :)

Really excited. Yesterday was difficult and didn't quite go to plan but I think some of that is the mental issue that I don't HAVE to start until Wednesday. I will do this and cannot wait for the two weeks to come :)

May need to change my name to VeryExcitedButNervous. Haha

16 days to go!!!

Feeling really positive today :) I have felt much better the last couple of days!

Headaches and nausea have gone and the hunger has subsided. :) my energy levels are better too and my skin looks great!!

Doing the LSD has made me realise how much I was eating before. Huge dinners and unhealthy snacks and drinks. It wasn't hunger it was emotional eating.

12 days to go now until op and counting down!!

Have a great day everyone xx

Have my pre-op assessment in 2 hours.... counting the minutes. Feels like its nearly here... 2 weeks tomorrow and it will be!!

Have my pre-op assessment in 2 hours.... counting the minutes. Feels like its nearly here... 2 weeks tomorrow and it will be!!

Hi Hun - you and me are in countdown together!!

Hope it all went ok at pre op?

Your the 23rd like me - is that right?

Xx

Hi Hun - you and me are in countdown together!!

Hope it all went ok at pre op?

Your the 23rd like me - is that right?

Yup, 2 weeks today... Excited? How's the pre-op diet going, any better?

Yup, 2 weeks today... Excited? How's the pre-op diet going, any better?

Hi Hun

So excited!!

Yea the pre op diet is much better. I think my body has got use to the drop in calories and in feeling fine.

Counting down now Hun and it won't be long before you and I are sat together on the losers bench.

I've started to worry that they many cancel the op because this has happened to a friend of mine. I think I'm just a born worrier!!

Take care xx

Nooooo don't say that. They won't cancel, we are sleeve twins :)

Omg nine days to go!!

Bring it on!!

10 days I make it , although more like 9 and a bit hee hee

10 days I make it , although more like 9 and a bit hee hee

Sorry Hun

It's because I'm going in the night before.

Not long now!!

It's more exciting than going on holiday lol xx

I keep telling myself that nothing taste so good as skinny feels.

I am feeling pretty determined now. We have our big team meal out tonight and it is to Inamo in London which does sushi, Thai food etc.

I have scanned through the menu and the choices are limited so I am going to make the best choice I can. It's hard though as this is a big celebration and my natural instincts are to celebrate with food and alcohol. Well that has to be the old me eh!

I am feeling pretty determined now. We have our big team meal out tonight and it is to Inamo in London which does sushi, Thai food etc. I have scanned through the menu and the choices are limited so I am going to make the best choice I can. It's hard though as this is a big celebration and my natural instincts are to celebrate with food and alcohol. Well that has to be the old me eh!

Hi Hun :)

You should enjoy the occasion Hun. You will be fine, just eat lots of protein based stuff and avoid sauces. That's the advice that I was given by my bariatric nurse.

Let me know how it goes!!

Well I am back from the event early and choose not to eat or drink, instead returned to the safety of my hotel food

Yes I was sad that I didn't stay and I am sure the gossips are wagging their tongues, but doing this is for me. There will be other meals, other celebrations.

Proud of myself. 7 days to go :)

Back