• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Pre Op Diet for Gastric Band

Irene44

It will be your time before you know it and all the more amazing because you’ve waited for it so long.
I’m really pleased. Just had my first soup, it went down slowly but I’m comfortable and full so success!

Yeah result princess. Happy days xx

Maria61

So, everything did go spiffingly but my bladder didn’t decide to wake up until 10pm last night when the nurses were debating putting a catheta on me which was very scary, so lots of water, walking around and tap running and then I finally had a wee!! Lol

Got home last night and didn’t sleep very well so I’m resting for the whole day today. I have pain where my incisions are but they are like a dull ache. The trapped wind in my shoulder pain is uncomfortable but bareable. I didn’t eat for the entire day yesterday but I think I will try some soup today.
Keep walking to relieve trapped wind. I really found that difficult for the first few days xx

J

Jonicorn

Keep walking to relieve trapped wind. I really found that difficult for the first few days xx
Yeah, that’s really uncomfortable. The most pain I feel is under my ribs which I think is trapped wind.
My band isn’t keen on cold water but it’s the only thing that takes the sore throat away from the tubing yesterday so I can cope with that for the time being.
I’ve had some soup today, half a tin, went down really well but took me a while to finish it and I had to sleep straight after.
It’s quite a stressful procedure but I wasn’t under any illusion that it wouldn’t be. Just going to focus on getting better and I’ve just booked myself a little holiday in September to look forward to xx

Last edited by a moderator:

Irene44

Soon be feeling better once that wind gets away Did you try the peppermint tea might help What’s the old saying no pain no gain eh x Holiday that will be fab sweetheart you will be on top form by then xx

Sarnie

Yeah, that’s really uncomfortable. The most pain I feel is under my ribs which I think is trapped wind.
My band isn’t keen on cold water but it’s the only thing that takes the sore throat away from the tubing yesterday so I can cope with that for the time being.
I’ve had some soup today, half a tin, went down really well but took me a while to finish it and I had to sleep straight after.
It’s quite a stressful procedure but I wasn’t under any illusion that it wouldn’t be. Just going to focus on getting better and I’ve just booked myself a little holiday in September to look forward to xx
Your doing really well hun, at least you've managed to get a little nutrition inside you and some fluids, keep sipping, hope things feel a bit better by tomorrow xx

J

Jonicorn

Soon be feeling better once that wind gets away Did you try the peppermint tea might help What’s the old saying no pain no gain eh x Holiday that will be fab sweetheart you will be on top form by then xx

I’ve not tried it yet, I’ll ask my sister to pick some up for me. I’m trying some chicken soup now. I’ve put it through the sieve so there’s no lumps. Managed about a quarter of a can and I’m done.
I’m addicted to my holidays so really looking forward to it. I’m going with my partner, sister, her partner and her 2 kids. Xx

J

Jonicorn

Your doing really well hun, at least you've managed to get a little nutrition inside you and some fluids, keep sipping, hope things feel a bit better by tomorrow xx
Thank you. I don’t want to push myself so I’ve been really cautious today, might try a walk tomorrow but I’ll wait and see

Irene44

I’ve not tried it yet, I’ll ask my sister to pick some up for me. I’m trying some chicken soup now. I’ve put it through the sieve so there’s no lumps. Managed about a quarter of a can and I’m done.
I’m addicted to my holidays so really looking forward to it. I’m going with my partner, sister, her partner and her 2 kids. Xx

That’s great that will help. It’s amazing 1/4 of a can hehe magic Doesn’t seem two mins ago we were counting down days and check you out all done and dusted really happy for you sweetheart. Can’t beat holibobs be lovely for you all xxx

Bling Babe

Oh holiday how exciting, glad your doing well xx

J

Jonicorn

That’s great that will help. It’s amazing 1/4 of a can hehe magic Doesn’t seem two mins ago we were counting down days and check you out all done and dusted really happy for you sweetheart. Can’t beat holibobs be lovely for you all xxx
Time to countdown on yours now yaaay xx

Irene44

Yep, a week in menorca. We are going self catering too so I can make smart food decisions instead of indulging on the all inclusive like I usually do.

How you feeling today chick how’s the wind! Oh lovely sweetheart, I like your thinking on the self catering genius idea. Be lovely for you and by then be all settled with your band xx

J

Jonicorn

How you feeling today chick how’s the wind! Oh lovely sweetheart, I like your thinking on the self catering genius idea. Be lovely for you and by then be all settled with your band xx

I'm in quite a bit of pain and discomfort today. The anaesthetic is definitely worn out. The hospital sent me home with some liquid paracetamol which takes the edge off but I know it's all part of the healing process.

The cuts are really tidy and healing lovely. The only pain I have now is the wind and constipation which will go in time. Still not felt hungry but will have something to eat either way.

I've taken my medical socks off because they're hurting me too. My boyfriend keeps telling me off and no doubt when he gets up he will force them back on me. I had a shower today too which made me feel really sick lol. God I sound like I'm falling apart xxx

Irene44

I'm in quite a bit of pain and discomfort today. The anaesthetic is definitely worn out. The hospital sent me home with some liquid paracetamol which takes the edge off but I know it's all part of the healing process.

The cuts are really tidy and healing lovely. The only pain I have now is the wind and constipation which will go in time. Still not felt hungry but will have something to eat either way.

I've taken my medical socks off because they're hurting me too. My boyfriend keeps telling me off and no doubt when he gets up he will force them back on me. I had a shower today too which made me feel really sick lol. God I sound like I'm falling apart xxx

Oh dear your boyfriend is right about the socks babe they are to prevent blood clots you need to wear them hun x. Get today out of the way and you will be over the worst. You are doing really well so far sweetheart it’s been no time yet It’s good that your feeling restriction though that’s a result. Once that wind moves your gonna be fighting fit xx

J

Jonicorn

Oh dear your boyfriend is right about the socks babe they are to prevent blood clots you need to wear them hun x. Get today out of the way and you will be over the worst. You are doing really well so far sweetheart it’s been no time yet It’s good that your feeling restriction though that’s a result. Once that wind moves your gonna be fighting fit xx

I think I’ll wash them today and put them back on then. I’m just stubborn by the way.
Having some chocolate custard now which is giving me life!!!

Attachments

• 415651EA-0CFA-4F7A-BEE6-E0A15E082ACB.jpeg
    415651EA-0CFA-4F7A-BEE6-E0A15E082ACB.jpeg
    859.3 KB · Views: 2

Irene44

I think I’ll wash them today and put them back on then. I’m just stubborn by the way.
Having some chocolate custard now which is giving me life!!!

Oh yum yum Yea put them back on and wear them for the length of time the hospital said babe don’t want you poorly xx

Sarnie

Bless ya, you'll soon be over the worst of it, but yes get those delightful socks back on hun, not worth risking getting blood clots. Don't forget to try and get your fluids in. Hope you feel better soon xx

Bling Babe

Ditto for the socks I and yummy custard, I can’t get low fat chocolate custard ☹️ Xx