• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Pre Op Diet for Gastric Band

Oh that's a a bit brutal after psyching yourself up for that. That's a pretty big mistake for the clinic to make. Luckily they checked in with you and they put it right.
Good idea distracting yourself, keeping busy will get you through it. Good luck xx

Yeah, I thought so too. The dietitian said he hates to contradict the surgeon but he knows best and the surgeon only knows guidelines when it comes to the dietry requirements of shrinking a liver. I suppose since I only have 2 weeks to do it in, it makes sense that it might be a little more reduced because I know some people get 4 weeks.

I am surprising myself every day with my ability to not give up which is something that has always held me back. I know I'm not through the hardest of it yet but I am definitely more determined than I have ever been.

Update after Day 2:

So day one was a massive success in comparison to day 2. I haven't fallen off the wagon or anything, quite the opposite but in terms of cravings and energy, I had zero energy and an enormous amount of cravings. Every bag of crisps, crunch of biscuit or ping of the microwave at work had my attention. Im not missing food in general, just something savory. The shakes are sweet, the yogurts are sweeter and my pallet is suffering a loss I think.
I gave in though and had a cheeky weigh in this morning, just out of curiosity because my bra felt loose, and amazingly, I have lost 5lb since Saturday. I wont take it as an official weigh in though as I know a lot can change in 2 weeks but its just nice to know I am making a difference and every pound counts.

Update after Day 2:

So day one was a massive success in comparison to day 2. I haven't fallen off the wagon or anything, quite the opposite but in terms of cravings and energy, I had zero energy and an enormous amount of cravings. Every bag of crisps, crunch of biscuit or ping of the microwave at work had my attention. Im not missing food in general, just something savory. The shakes are sweet, the yogurts are sweeter and my pallet is suffering a loss I think.
I gave in though and had a cheeky weigh in this morning, just out of curiosity because my bra felt loose, and amazingly, I have lost 5lb since Saturday. I wont take it as an official weigh in though as I know a lot can change in 2 weeks but its just nice to know I am making a difference and every pound counts.

12 days to go!!!! Hehe well done sweets another day closer your doing fab You might get a shock how much comes off before op I think :) keep strong xx

12 days to go!!!! Hehe well done sweets another day closer your doing fab You might get a shock how much comes off before op I think :) keep strong xx

I hope so. Its so so hard. I'm struggling to stay awake and have absolutely no energy at all. I usually walk every evening but I havent been able to last night and doubt I will this evening because all I am thinking about is sleeping. I will get through it though, I can definitely do it.

I hope so. Its so so hard. I'm struggling to stay awake and have absolutely no energy at all. I usually walk every evening but I havent been able to last night and doubt I will this evening because all I am thinking about is sleeping. I will get through it though, I can definitely do it.

Well sleep is one way of dealing with it sweets the 12 days will go over quick that’s for sure. Could you not break up your shakes into 4 give a little boost maybe You can and you will do it I have every faith in you xx

Yeah, I thought so too. The dietitian said he hates to contradict the surgeon but he knows best and the surgeon only knows guidelines when it comes to the dietry requirements of shrinking a liver. I suppose since I only have 2 weeks to do it in, it makes sense that it might be a little more reduced because I know some people get 4 weeks.

I am surprising myself every day with my ability to not give up which is something that has always held me back. I know I'm not through the hardest of it yet but I am definitely more determined than I have ever been.
Stay strong, just tell yourself it's not for long. Your body will continually fight with you, as it wants you to eat, even though you don't. Power through it, you've got this x

Stay strong, just tell yourself it's not for long. Your body will continually fight with you, as it wants you to eat, even though you don't. Power through it, you've got this x
Thank you Sandra.
Today feels so much better. I haven't been angry once. Hopefully I am over the worst of it because yesterday was terrible. I'm really looking forward to finally losing weight which is something I've always considered so achievable.

11 days to go how you feeling xx

11 days to go how you feeling xx

I'm feeling really positive.
Today has been no where near as hard as previous days so fingers crossed, I am over the worst of it already.
I realised I was eating the wrong yogurt. they had 29 calories less than the ones I was recommended to take which might be the reason why I was so tired because it would have been a shortage of 87 calories over the day which when you're not consuming many, it makes a massive difference.

11 days to go. It's craaazy.

Im dreading the weekend because I will have too much time to kill!

I'm feeling really positive.
Today has been no where near as hard as previous days so fingers crossed, I am over the worst of it already.
I realised I was eating the wrong yogurt. they had 29 calories less than the ones I was recommended to take which might be the reason why I was so tired because it would have been a shortage of 87 calories over the day which when you're not consuming many, it makes a massive difference.

11 days to go. It's craaazy.

Im dreading the weekend because I will have too much time to kill!

That’s good sweets pleased your feeling better and positive is good :) yeah will definitely make a difference on such a LCDiet 87 is a lot. It will go over quickly babe just keep focusing on that Op :)

How long will you be in hospital for your band Do you need to get bits for that? Do you guys have to eat mushy diets afterwards. I’ve not read any stuff on bands do you have prepare anything for when you come home Get any bits for that. You could do those little jobs at the weekend :) do you have any hobbies or anything that takes your mind off food that you can lose yourself in hun Xx

That’s good sweets pleased your feeling better and positive is good :) yeah will definitely make a difference on such a LCDiet 87 is a lot. It will go over quickly babe just keep focusing on that Op :)

How long will you be in hospital for your band Do you need to get bits for that? Do you guys have to eat mushy diets afterwards. I’ve not read any stuff on bands do you have prepare anything for when you come home Get any bits for that. You could do those little jobs at the weekend :) do you have any hobbies or anything that takes your mind off food that you can lose yourself in hun Xx

I get to have a night in the hospital if I want it but in most cases they say I can go home. I think I will take the night stay though so I can save myself from all of the walking around. I live about an hour away from the clinic and in the weather we are having at the moment, I don't imagine the journey to be very comfortable right after surgery.

I will have to eat pourable food like soup and very thin yogurts for 2 weeks after the band is put in, and then 2 weeks after that, I will be on mushy food which I am really looking forward to because my mum has said she will make my favourite Mince and tatties! A tiny portion of course!

I still need to get my PJ's for the hospital stay and have promised my rabbit a new hutch so can get stuck into that too.
I love playing xbox so might fire that up again on the weekend or meet with some friends.

Yes I think you are wise to have a night in hospital. A chance to get over the worst of it So it is similar to the other Surgeries then so you can always make sure you got those little pots in for your mum :)

That’s a few little jobs to take your mind off it this weekend and a happy Bunny too :)
X box is great idea definitely get that on big jug of iced water and you will be set babe that’s the weekend taken care of hehehe exciting stuff xxx

Yes I think you are wise to have a night in hospital. A chance to get over the worst of it So it is similar to the other Surgeries then so you can always make sure you got those little pots in for your mum :)

That’s a few little jobs to take your mind off it this weekend and a happy Bunny too :)
X box is great idea definitely get that on big jug of iced water and you will be set babe that’s the weekend taken care of hehehe exciting stuff xxx

Yep, you've been a great help, thank you.

Thank you Sandra.
Today feels so much better. I haven't been angry once. Hopefully I am over the worst of it because yesterday was terrible. I'm really looking forward to finally losing weight which is something I've always considered so achievable.
That's good to hear, I'm glad you've not be angry today lol x

I run a weight loss club at work with a couple of extremely slim girls and our director who is in good shape and our weigh in's are on a Friday so I'm probably going to continue this for my official weigh ins. Since starting the shakes, I have lost 6lb and since starting my journey I have lost 15lb so I am really pleased with that. Yesterday was a good day, no anger, no cravings. I was even able to sit with my friend while she ate some juicy looking pasta and it didn't bother me.
I fitted into my size down jeans today. They are jeans I fell in love with about a year ago, completely out of my price range and the typical sizes for high street.
I put them on today, got them up, and did them up too! This is massive for me because I have tried these jeans on probably every week for a year and lost all hope of fitting in them.

I run a weight loss club at work with a couple of extremely slim girls and our director who is in good shape and our weigh in's are on a Friday so I'm probably going to continue this for my official weigh ins. Since starting the shakes, I have lost 6lb and since starting my journey I have lost 15lb so I am really pleased with that. Yesterday was a good day, no anger, no cravings. I was even able to sit with my friend while she ate some juicy looking pasta and it didn't bother me.
I fitted into my size down jeans today. They are jeans I fell in love with about a year ago, completely out of my price range and the typical sizes for high street.
I put them on today, got them up, and did them up too! This is massive for me because I have tried these jeans on probably every week for a year and lost all hope of fitting in them.
Doing great xx

Well that will give you a real big boost bloody well done babe your doing brilliantly and only 10 more to go :) xx

Back