• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Pre Op Diet for Gastric Band

Bet ur excited or are u nervous when i think about having mine ive got excitment mixed with nerves suppose once it gets near to date your excitment must take over i have a long wait just to see my surgeon but u only have 10 days nows well done you and good luck ill be reading ur updates xx

Bet ur excited or are u nervous when i think about having mine ive got excitment mixed with nerves suppose once it gets near to date your excitment must take over i have a long wait just to see my surgeon but u only have 10 days nows well done you and good luck ill be reading ur updates xx

Thank you :)

I'm really looking forward to it. It feels like a fresh new start. I was being referred with the NHS but I know how long it takes which is why I went private. If you're fed up of the wait, private isnt as expensive as you might think. It cuts out the waiting and adds a little bit of luxury.

I keep getting random rushes of nerves when I think about BBQ's, Christmas Dinner, buffets etc. They were all such a big part of my life but now I kind of have to get over them. As much as I can always find alternatives and still enjoy them to an extent, it wont be the same and that makes me sad but I'm ready to be new.

Well that will give you a real big boost bloody well done babe your doing brilliantly and only 10 more to go :) xx
I can't believe I only have 10 days to go. I cant believe it.
I still need to post the before pics. I'll try and remember this weekend.

Thats a good way to have your yogurt to make it last. Thats how I had mine post op and it'll surprise you how quickly you'll get full doing that. It makes you have small bits of liquid at a time. Good luck with the next 10 days.x

Thats a good way to have your yogurt to make it last. Thats how I had mine post op and it'll surprise you how quickly you'll get full doing that. It makes you have small bits of liquid at a time. Good luck with the next 10 days.x

Thank you.
Ive been reading your thread today from -36 days and you've done absolutely amazingly. I considered overseas but Im a bit of a wimp and would just be scared about the new environment etc.
I can't wait until I've lost a considerable amount :)

Hope your doing ok and keeping busy 9 days chick your doing well xx

Bought my pj’s for my hospital stay, decided on a night dress, light dressing gown and some lovely memory foam slippers. Picked up a top with support so I don’t have to wear a bra and also some chewy multivitamins.

I had my blood pressure done on a machine in boots which takes a lot longer than a doctor but it’s ever so fancy so. My blood pressure is normal and my weigh in confirmed a 7lb loss since Monday along with confirmation that I am an inch smaller than I thought which is frustrating because I’m only tiny anyway lol.

It's getting closer now! I'm so excited for you. In regards to your night dress do you know if you'll have stomach wounds that they'll need to check? If so this is why many opt for top and bottom sets. That way you're not exposed every time they need to check drain or wounds. Also a sport bra or bra with no wire is great for keeping your girls off any wounds.

Yeah well done you all those challenging places proud of you girl xx. Good on you for your picture it will be fab to compare later. You look very pretty by the way you are doing so very well xx exciting exciting xx

It's getting closer now! I'm so excited for you. In regards to your night dress do you know if you'll have stomach wounds that they'll need to check? If so this is why many opt for top and bottom sets. That way you're not exposed every time they need to check drain or wounds. Also a sport bra or bra with no wire is great for keeping your girls off any wounds.
Ooooh I didn’t think of that. That’s a good excuse for me to buy some more jammies lol! I picked up a couple of wireless bras today and was pleasantly surprised because I thought they would be useless but they’re actually okay. I’m having a thorough read through my booklet from the hospital and it’s scary to think it will all be happening in just over a week!

Yeah well done you all those challenging places proud of you girl xx. Good on you for your picture it will be fab to compare later. You look very pretty by the way you are doing so very well xx exciting exciting xx
Thank you :) I’m really nervous now, I’ve never been under general anaesthetic before which is making me a bit uneasy but I’m sure I’ll be fine. I’m a little apprehensive about the pain, I have a high pain threshold usually which is why I’m covered in tattoos but I’m not sure what to expect xxx

Thank you :) I’m really nervous now, I’ve never been under general anaesthetic before which is making me a bit uneasy but I’m sure I’ll be fine. I’m a little apprehensive about the pain, I have a high pain threshold usually which is why I’m covered in tattoos but I’m not sure what to expect xxx

You know what they say no pain no gain. I’m sure you will be fine sweetie you will have a very nice sleep They will give you pain relief as well. Just think in a couple of weeks you be feeling better and all done ready for WLS journey xx. It’s all exciting stuff so close xxx

You know what they say no pain no gain. I’m sure you will be fine sweetie you will have a very nice sleep They will give you pain relief as well. Just think in a couple of weeks you be feeling better and all done ready for WLS journey xx. It’s all exciting stuff so close xxx
Yeah, I’m keeping my heart in it now. I’ve never been so focussed. I’ve read the book front to back and it was really useful!

Today’s weird because I have absolutely no appetite. I had a small yogurt for breakfast and then a slimfast shake for lunch and that’s it....I know it’s not good because I need to eat but I just cant bring myself to have another shake lol.
Might have my yogurt allowance and then force a shake down me before my tummy starts growling

Yeah, I’m keeping my heart in it now. I’ve never been so focussed. I’ve read the book front to back and it was really useful!

Today’s weird because I have absolutely no appetite. I had a small yogurt for breakfast and then a slimfast shake for lunch and that’s it....I know it’s not good because I need to eat but I just cant bring myself to have another shake lol.
Might have my yogurt allowance and then force a shake down me before my tummy starts growling

Wow that’s great that your not hungry yes do make sure you have the other shake and yoghurt. You need those cals So lovely to read that your motivated and happy :) it will all be done and dusted before you know where you are xxx

Woohoo 8 days to go xxx. Hope your ok today xx

Woohoo 8 days to go xxx. Hope your ok today xx
Woohoooo!! Can’t believe how close it is. This time next week I will be double checking my back and sitting quietly being my nervous overthinking self! Can’t wait haha!

Woohoooo!! Can’t believe how close it is. This time next week I will be double checking my back and sitting quietly being my nervous overthinking self! Can’t wait haha!
This week will fly by. Do really try to have your shakes and yoghurts, as you are going to need all your energy reserves for after your op. Do you take multivitamins too?
You are so close now, so happy for you :banana_dancer:

Back