• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Pre Op Diet for Gastric Band

Woohoooo!! Can’t believe how close it is. This time next week I will be double checking my back and sitting quietly being my nervous overthinking self! Can’t wait haha!

I’m excited for you sweets xx not long now and all done xx

This week will fly by. Do really try to have your shakes and yoghurts, as you are going to need all your energy reserves for after your op. Do you take multivitamins too?
You are so close now, so happy for you :banana_dancer:
Yeah I’ve been forcing them down me because I’m assuming it will have a negative effect if I cut down on even more. Im finding it so easy and the weight loss is becoming noticeable which makes me feel good. Xx

Yeah I’ve been forcing them down me because I’m assuming it will have a negative effect if I cut down on even more. Im finding it so easy and the weight loss is becoming noticeable which makes me feel good. Xx
That's so good that you're finding it easy, really keeps us going when we see results on the scales, it does make it all worth while. xx

8 days to day :stickdance::stickdance::stickdance: so close stay strong and happy soon be here xx. Have a good day xx

8 days to day :stickdance::stickdance::stickdance: so close stay strong and happy soon be here xx. Have a good day xx

God my heart has been pounding all morning at the thought of this time next week!! I can't believe how fast its going.

I'm really surprised with how easy I am finding this. Makes me think perhaps I am doing something wrong? But theres no way I can be. 8lb down so far so must be doing something right. I know I said I would wait to weigh myself but I just get so overexcited.
The weight is mainly coming from around my waist which I'm guessing is the right place.

God my heart has been pounding all morning at the thought of this time next week!! I can't believe how fast its going.

I'm really surprised with how easy I am finding this. Makes me think perhaps I am doing something wrong? But theres no way I can be. 8lb down so far so must be doing something right. I know I said I would wait to weigh myself but I just get so overexcited.
The weight is mainly coming from around my waist which I'm guessing is the right place.

You definitely are doing something really right babe :) just so pleased it’s getting easier for you now Your obviously in the zone :) This week will go in a blink. I’m counting down myself now exciting times for us all xx

You definitely are doing something really right babe :) just so pleased it’s getting easier for you now Your obviously in the zone :) This week will go in a blink. I’m counting down myself now exciting times for us all xx

Very! Oh I can't wait to see your progress. We will be mini's before we know it :D

Very! Oh I can't wait to see your progress. We will be mini's before we know it :D

I Shall be starting my milk diet in 12 days hopefully! I only have to do it for 10 days so that should go quickly. It’s the 12 days in the run up waiting to start the diet that will drag I think. I’m hoping that I hear in the next couple of days that 31st is definitely my surgery day xx. I have a lot of my clothes from when I was smaller so least i don’t have to go buy new stuff for a while I’m looking foreword to selling lots of stuff on eBay and giving the rest to the hospice shop

I can’t wait to have it done at get on the journey be lovely to feel healthy and lighter Will definitely help with the heart and arthritis and hopefully the fibromyalgia too

We shall all be skinny minis on this forum one day xxx :) xx

I Shall be starting my milk diet in 12 days hopefully! I only have to do it for 10 days so that should go quickly. It’s the 12 days in the run up waiting to start the diet that will drag I think. I’m hoping that I hear in the next couple of days that 31st is definitely my surgery day xx. I have a lot of my clothes from when I was smaller so least i don’t have to go buy new stuff for a while I’m looking foreword to selling lots of stuff on eBay and giving the rest to the hospice shop

I can’t wait to have it done at get on the journey be lovely to feel healthy and lighter Will definitely help with the heart and arthritis and hopefully the fibromyalgia too

We shall all be skinny minis on this forum one day xxx :) xx

Haha Oh absolutely. I'm looking forward to clearing my clothes out and replacing them all. I will miss some of the clothes but Im sure I can replace them with some just as nice :)

Fingers crossed my weight loss will help me with my PCOS and just general mobility. Not that I am immobile, I just get tired quicker than my friends and family.

Uh oh....

My boss has just got back from America and he has bought a bag full of american sweets for the team....I solemnly swear, I will not touch a single one!!
:(

New start :). Hopefully it will help with our ailments hun. Certainly can’t make them any worse that’s for sure :). I have some nice big clothes one or two I might even alter lol be nice to be at that stage Nothing in the post today re op date hoping it will be tomorrow :) then I can get excited :banana_dancer: xx

Uh oh....

My boss has just got back from America and he has bought a bag full of american sweets for the team....I solemnly swear, I will not touch a single one!!
:(

Step away from the sweets. They are poison hun you don’t need them you don’t want them you want that magic band :) xx

Step away from the sweets. They are poison hun you don’t need them you don’t want them you want that magic band :) xx
Haha - I resisted all temptation.
Got home and my mum had made my favourite chicken casserole for her and my boyfriend...she kept asking me to taste it...I even resisted that! I'm feeling like I have developped a super power!! haha.

I am now 6 days away and so so excited. Still nervous about the anaesthetic.

I have a weekend away booked with my sister to Manchester to a Harry Potter convention on the saturday after my operation and although I know I am not going to be able to drive, I'm starting to worry about where I am going to be able to find a liquified lunch and dinner lol. I've done some research and there is one place in the arena which serves tomato soup so fingers crossed thats open when I get there.

So nearly there babe x. So Very exciting! Oh soup might be a good idea sweetheart. You could always take some with you Babe packed lunch xx

So nearly there babe x. So Very exciting! Oh soup might be a good idea sweetheart. You could always take some with you Babe packed lunch xx
Yeah, Im planning on filling a flask and seeing if I can make that last me the weekend. Ill take a couple of thin yogurts for my breakfasts, its just the second day that I think I might struggle but Im sure I can wait until Im home in the evening to eat.

Be good to have a bit of something though if your anything like me you will come over all feint if you do t get something down you xx

Be good to have a bit of something though if your anything like me you will come over all feint if you do t get something down you xx

Yeah, I think I will play it by ear. I will take a shake with me incase I dont find any soup. so I have a back up for my back up haha

Yeah, I think I will play it by ear. I will take a shake with me incase I dont find any soup. so I have a back up for my back up haha

ThAt sounds like a brilliant plan hun xx

Haha - I resisted all temptation.
Got home and my mum had made my favourite chicken casserole for her and my boyfriend...she kept asking me to taste it...I even resisted that! I'm feeling like I have developped a super power!! haha.

I am now 6 days away and so so excited. Still nervous about the anaesthetic.

I have a weekend away booked with my sister to Manchester to a Harry Potter convention on the saturday after my operation and although I know I am not going to be able to drive, I'm starting to worry about where I am going to be able to find a liquified lunch and dinner lol. I've done some research and there is one place in the arena which serves tomato soup so fingers crossed thats open when I get there.
Wow you're brave, how long is the healing after gastric band surgery? I know it's different to RYN and sleeve, but aren't you worried you'll feel faint?
Exciting that it's only 6 days away and you are doing so well on your liquid diet, it's amazing how determined we can be when we have to. Well dine for resisting temptation :) xx

Wow you're brave, how long is the healing after gastric band surgery? I know it's different to RYN and sleeve, but aren't you worried you'll feel faint?
Exciting that it's only 6 days away and you are doing so well on your liquid diet, it's amazing how determined we can be when we have to. Well dine for resisting temptation :) xx
Thank you.
I think the healing is around 4 weeks. 2 weeks of liquid only and 2 weeks of mushy food and then onto normal food. There's no drains or slicing involved interally so its relatively easy to heal from. Only problem is, it takes 6-8 fills of the band to get the right balance so that I consistently lose weight, so we will see how I get on.

I just had the call from the hospital for my admission and I am in at 7am on Monday!! First in, first out I suppose! Going in on Saturday to get my bloods taken.
Starting to panic though because my sister (who is like my parent) booked the day off to take me and pick me up but now shes saying shes not available and I literally have no one else that I know that can take me so hopefully she can reschedule else its a big taxi journey for me which makes me even more nervous as I am a bit of a control freak and like having everything organised and this goes against my plan haha.

Back