• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Pre Op Diet for Gastric Band

No definitely not, I had mine before I started my pre-op milk diet, I think you’d regret it if you did, you’ve done so well and I think you’d feel you had cheated yourself xxxx
Yeah I agree. I know I will feel terrible and then I wont be able to be proud of myself on the Monday morning. Ill hold off and continue to look forward to my first soup lol.

That’s the way sweetheart you should be very proud you have done very well Can hold your head up high on Monday:) xxx

:0clapper::winner::wee:

The NHS and surgeries in the UK seem to be against the last meal before surgery but that is just their preference. I had my surgery in Belgium and we are allowed to eat anything we want within reason for the dinner before the op. They did say not to eat too greasy and not to get drunk but I could have had pizza if I wanted. We had to be finished with the meal by 8pm and I was nil by mouth from then as I am allergic to anti sick meds but my surgery twin could have water till midnight then nil by mouth. I opted for a Chinese meal with a beer and it was divine. Do stick to whatever your team says though. Best not to upset your surgeon right before surgery.

Important question girls:

Do I have a final meal on Sunday? I'm assuming, since I have stuck with the LRD and I have lost a little weight, do I stick with the diet all the way through or do I have a final meal on Sunday before I am nil by mouth?
Please don't have the meal on Sunday, as that is a no no I'm afraid, as you are Liver Shrinking and that will undo all your hard work and you really don't want to risk then not doing your op, you've done so fantastically well so far, think of it as you've already started the new you now, you don't need a last supper, you've got this xx

Please don't have the meal on Sunday, as that is a no no I'm afraid, as you are Liver Shrinking and that will undo all your hard work and you really don't want to risk then not doing your op, you've done so fantastically well so far, think of it as you've already started the new you now, you don't need a last supper, you've got this xx

I won't, I promise. I don't want one, I just wondered if it was expected or recommended. :)

Morning:) have a good day hun :) xx

Morning :)

Started the day pretty hungry and it wasnt curved by my morning yogurt so I am watching the seconds until my lunch time at 12.30 and sipping on water,,,arrgh

Oh dear just guzzle really cold water you can do it. I find iced water helps me Hopefully it will get better not long now hun to your shake You can do it you got this xxx

Oh dear just guzzle really cold water you can do it. I find iced water helps me Hopefully it will get better not long now hun to your shake You can do it you got this xxx

I survived. I had my cafe Latte Slimfast which I am a little bit addicted to. And now I'm nice and full. It leaves a terrible taste in my mouth though so I have to have about 10 sugar free mints afterwards washed down with ice cold water.
People are noticing my weight loss already which feels really nice. Having people ask if I have lost any weight etc. :) :)

Morning :)

Started the day pretty hungry and it wasnt curved by my morning yogurt so I am watching the seconds until my lunch time at 12.30 and sipping on water,,,arrgh

Oh dear just guzzle really cold water you can do it. I find iced water helps me Hopefully it will get better not long now hun to your shake You can do i
I survived. I had my cafe Latte Slimfast which I am a little bit addicted to. And now I'm nice and full. It leaves a terrible taste in my mouth though so I have to have about 10 sugar free mints afterwards washed down with ice cold water.
People are noticing my weight loss already which feels really nice. Having people ask if I have lost any weight etc. :) :)

Fab well done hun. :) That will be lovely for you boost you right up there Just wait in a few months time they will be gob smacked xx Happy and excited for you xx

3 Sleeps.....
3 Sleeps and I will be on my way to the hospital at 6am. I'm going to be a nervous wreck.
I was speaking to my 16 year old nephew yesterday as he has had surgery recently (On his Ankle) where he was put to sleep and I mentioned I was mostly scared of them putting me to sleep but, believe it or not, he has really reassured me. He told me that it will be like closing my eyes for a second and then opening them and its done. He said I probably wont know whats going on because its confusing for your brain to take it in but once you've remembered you've had surgery and it's over and done with, I'll be absolutely fine.

I think if a 16 year old can be so level headed about it, then I definitely can.
My mum has made a massive batch of her homemade soup last night, which she is going to blitz and freeze for me so I'm really looking forward to having something other than my shakes. I'm finding myself struggling to finish a yogurt now and drinking the shakes is getting very hard so thank god its coming to an end and on to some variety, even if it is in a pourable form lol.

My clothes are getting loose and people are starting to ask if I have lost weight which feels so worth it. Such an exciting journey.

That’s exactly what’s it’s like sweets I’ve had lots of big surgeries in my time and it’s a lovely sleep xx. So excited for you xx

We went to a senimar about the diffrent wls and all about the lrd and they say dont have one last meal it will undo all your hard work if ur thinking of one last meal it should of been night b4 you started the lrd not night b4 surgery ..good luck on monday xx

We went to a senimar about the diffrent wls and all about the lrd and they say dont have one last meal it will undo all your hard work if ur thinking of one last meal it should of been night b4 you started the lrd not night b4 surgery ..good luck on monday xx
Yeah, thats what I figured. I'm fine with that. I have no desire to eat anything bad. I think my brain is trained and if I eat a big meal, I would have undone my hard work.
Thank you :) I will keep everyone posted on how it goes.

How exciting it must be i carnt wait for my surgery even though i got 10 mnths wait in my area it carnt come soon enough b4 i know it ill be counting sleeps are u all packed and ready for hospital

I'm getting really excited.
I'm really impatient, so even though I was referred by the hospital, I chose to go private anyway because I knew it's what I wanted.
I'm not packed at all. Getting my last few bits this weekend and then I'll be done.

Good luck with your surgery :)
My main concern was being put to sleep but it honestly was so quick and painless, I was speaking to the nurses one minute and then I was asleep. You’ll be absolutely fine and it’ll be the best thing you’ve ever done xx

Good luck with your surgery :)
My main concern was being put to sleep but it honestly was so quick and painless, I was speaking to the nurses one minute and then I was asleep. You’ll be absolutely fine and it’ll be the best thing you’ve ever done xx

Thank you so much. I'm really looking forward to it now :) xx

Back