• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Pre Op Diet for Gastric Band

Aww that’s a bummer for you if we lived closer I would have took you Hun :). But you will be fine all part of the journey for you It’s even more exciting now that you have had that call from the hospital so very real :)

Fingers crossed you heel quickly and get to enjoy your trip. At least your with your sister so she can look after you Think you will need lots of sit downs and plenty fluids though xx

Aww that’s a bummer for you if we lived closer I would have took you Hun :). But you will be fine all part of the journey for you It’s even more exciting now that you have had that call from the hospital so very real :)

Fingers crossed you heel quickly and get to enjoy your trip. At least your with your sister so she can look after you Think you will need lots of sit downs and plenty fluids though xx

Aww thats very kind of you. I think I have a back up - My friend might be able to take me if my sister can't so I should be okay.
Not sure what the blood tests are for?

That will be great if you have a friendly face with you. Everyone has to have those blood tests and prob do MRSA swabs to It will be part of your pre op They do it for all planned ops sweets nothing to worry about xx

Thank you.
I think the healing is around 4 weeks. 2 weeks of liquid only and 2 weeks of mushy food and then onto normal food. There's no drains or slicing involved interally so its relatively easy to heal from. Only problem is, it takes 6-8 fills of the band to get the right balance so that I consistently lose weight, so we will see how I get on.

I just had the call from the hospital for my admission and I am in at 7am on Monday!! First in, first out I suppose! Going in on Saturday to get my bloods taken.
Starting to panic though because my sister (who is like my parent) booked the day off to take me and pick me up but now shes saying shes not available and I literally have no one else that I know that can take me so hopefully she can reschedule else its a big taxi journey for me which makes me even more nervous as I am a bit of a control freak and like having everything organised and this goes against my plan haha.
My sister has a band fitted, but we live away from each other, so wasn't too sure about the healing process, I know she had to have several fills and the last one reduced before it really started working for her. She was naughty and used to cheat her band, she likes her drink, but quite some years down the line now it had been successful for her, but she's had to work at it.
Oh no I hope your sister can find a way to go with you, you are going to need some support on the day, although I'm sure the surgical team will look after you well. Fingers crossed for you she can make it. If she can't , try not to worry, just go with the flow otherwise you will stress yourself too much and you don't need that just before surgery. Honestly you will be fine xx

Yeah, Im planning on filling a flask and seeing if I can make that last me the weekend. Ill take a couple of thin yogurts for my breakfasts, its just the second day that I think I might struggle but Im sure I can wait until Im home in the evening to eat.

That first week post surgery you'll be surprised how little you want to consume. You'll be tired as your body is getting used to the lack of calories but you usually don't get that craving for food. Milk/yogurts are a good option if you can't find soup. High protein options to keep your energy up. Did your team tell you about Marvel powder to put on top of things to increase your protein?

Just reminded me to put that on shopping list Kim :) thank you xx

That first week post surgery you'll be surprised how little you want to consume. You'll be tired as your body is getting used to the lack of calories but you usually don't get that craving for food. Milk/yogurts are a good option if you can't find soup. High protein options to keep your energy up. Did your team tell you about Marvel powder to put on top of things to increase your protein?

No I’ve never heard of it? Will this be after the surgery or should I be using it now?

I’ve really struggled to eat anything today! I’ve been full of energy and only realised I hadnt eaten when I got home from a walk at 9pm so I quickly had a shake. I know it’s really naughty so I’m going to set reminders on my phone to make sure I don’t miss out of my shakes! I don’t want to run my body down so my recovery takes longer xx

My sister has a band fitted, but we live away from each other, so wasn't too sure about the healing process, I know she had to have several fills and the last one reduced before it really started working for her. She was naughty and used to cheat her band, she likes her drink, but quite some years down the line now it had been successful for her, but she's had to work at it.
Oh no I hope your sister can find a way to go with you, you are going to need some support on the day, although I'm sure the surgical team will look after you well. Fingers crossed for you she can make it. If she can't , try not to worry, just go with the flow otherwise you will stress yourself too much and you don't need that just before surgery. Honestly you will be fine xx

Yeah, I’m not expecting a miracle so any changes required are fine by me. From the research I’ve done, it’s a pretty mixed bag where some get in perfectly with it and others absolutely hate it. I hope it works for me though xx

Yeah, I’m not expecting a miracle so any changes required are fine by me. From the research I’ve done, it’s a pretty mixed bag where some get in perfectly with it and others absolutely hate it. I hope it works for me though xx
I really hope it works for you too xx

It will work a treat positive thoughts :) You have really taken to this shake diet babe well done but yes you definitely need to set reminders:) Keep your energy levels up and get some nutrition in you xx

It will work a treat positive thoughts :) You have really taken to this shake diet babe well done but yes you definitely need to set reminders:) Keep your energy levels up and get some nutrition in you xx

5 days now! Another pound off too which I am really pleased about.
Still no naughty things even though I was invited to a BBQ yesterday and kindly declined. I went to visit a friend last night while she was eating chippy covered in curry sauce and I didn't even think about having any.

I got this!

5 days now! Another pound off too which I am really pleased about.
Still no naughty things even though I was invited to a BBQ yesterday and kindly declined. I went to visit a friend last night while she was eating chippy covered in curry sauce and I didn't even think about having any.

I got this!

Yeah!! How good are you. You have definitely got this little superstar. Exciting exciting 5 days xx and 20 for me :) xx

Important question girls:

Do I have a final meal on Sunday? I'm assuming, since I have stuck with the LRD and I have lost a little weight, do I stick with the diet all the way through or do I have a final meal on Sunday before I am nil by mouth?

OMG 20 Days!!!!!! :wee:
That's so amazing. When are you starting your pre op diet?

In 10 days I think. But if I don’t get my confirmation letter today I will ring a check it’s definitely happening Then I can get excited prop

Do I have a final meal on Sunday? I'm assuming, since I have stuck with the LRD and I have lost a little weight, do I stick with the diet all the way through or do I have a final meal on Sunday before I am nil by mouth?

I think you need to stick with it babe all part of the LRD Diet I would check with the team sweetheart. You definitely don’t want to spoil it for one meal not worth it when you have done so well. It’s not like you will never eat again you will just not as much :) xx

In 10 days I think. But if I don’t get my confirmation letter today I will ring a check it’s definitely happening Then I can get excited prop

I think you need to stick with it babe all part of the LRD Diet I would check with the team sweetheart. You definitely don’t want to spoil it for one meal not worth it when you have done so well. It’s not like you will never eat again you will just not as much :) xx

Yeah, I suppose you're right. I know I will just feel horrible after it like any big meal and theres no point teasing myself with a big fat sunday roast and then not being able to pig out again.

Yeah, I suppose you're right. I know I will just feel horrible after it like any big meal and theres no point teasing myself with a big fat sunday roast and then not being able to pig out again.

I would definitely check babe just in case :) I’m no expert by any stretch of the imagination and don’t pretend to be :) You will have that roast again just won’t pig out anymore. Just think skinny bench and new frocks hehehe xx

I would definitely check babe just in case :) I’m no expert by any stretch of the imagination and don’t pretend to be :) You will have that roast again just won’t pig out anymore. Just think skinny bench and new frocks hehehe xx

That's very true. :rolleyes:

:angel:

No definitely not, I had mine before I started my pre-op milk diet, I think you’d regret it if you did, you’ve done so well and I think you’d feel you had cheated yourself xxxx

Back