• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Pre Op Diet for Gastric Band

J

Jonicorn

Started my Liver reduction diet today with a start weight of 211lb.
This is my kind of settled weight which I always seem to reach but rarely pass.
I was 221lb when I returned from Cape Verde on 08.02.2018 and have had to work tirelessly for 5 months just to get the 10lb off.

My consultation was on Saturday and I booked my operation for 16.07.2018.
My surgeon advised to drink 3 shakes in replacement of meals and then up to 5 low calorie yogurts a day. I have had my first shake this morning at 7.30am and it is almost 10am now and I am still not hungry so this is reassuring.

I really feel like this is possible now which isn't a feeling I get very often.
Like many women, I have Poly cystic Ovatian syndrome which makes losing weight harder but the surgeon said once my BMI is down to less than 30, all symptoms should go away. My BMI is currently 42!!

Wish me luck lovely girls :)

Irene44

Started my Liver reduction diet today with a start weight of 211lb.
This is my kind of settled weight which I always seem to reach but rarely pass.
I was 221lb when I returned from Cape Verde on 08.02.2018 and have had to work tirelessly for 5 months just to get the 10lb off.

My consultation was on Saturday and I booked my operation for 16.07.2018.
My surgeon advised to drink 3 shakes in replacement of meals and then up to 5 low calorie yogurts a day. I have had my first shake this morning at 7.30am and it is almost 10am now and I am still not hungry so this is reassuring.

I really feel like this is possible now which isn't a feeling I get very often.
Like many women, I have Poly cystic Ovatian syndrome which makes losing weight harder but the surgeon said once my BMI is down to less than 30, all symptoms should go away. My BMI is currently 42!!

Wish me luck lovely girls :)

You have this lovely lady. And you enthusiasm and motivation really shines through and rubs off :)

I wish you all the luck my lovely you will smash this xx

Keep posting chick and I hope you have your before and after shots and your measurements xxx.

J

Jonicorn

Thank you Irene. That's really lovely of you to say.

I will post some before pictures tonight and my measurements. I've already bought a target dress for the size lower than I am at the moment so as soon as It fit in that, I will take another pic.

Irene44

Thank you Irene. That's really lovely of you to say.

I will post some before pictures tonight and my measurements. I've already bought a target dress for the size lower than I am at the moment so as soon as It fit in that, I will take another pic.

Looking forward to watching you journey sweets xx

JoannaN89

Good luck! I too have PCOS. Ive nearly lost my target weight of 10 stone and my BMI is 27 but unfortunatly my PCOS symptoms havent improved yet, hopefully there still may be that chance though i guess it can take time!

Good luck with the LSD, i find liquids more filling, you sound like your the same

Bling Babe

Good luck with your journey I look forward to your updates, you’ll be in that first target dress before you know it xx

slimkim

Good luck with the lsd. You sound very prepared. I'm looking forward to reading your journey.x

Sarnie

Hope it all goes well for you, not long now until your surgery, you must be so excited. x

J

Jonicorn

Good luck! I too have PCOS. Ive nearly lost my target weight of 10 stone and my BMI is 27 but unfortunatly my PCOS symptoms havent improved yet, hopefully there still may be that chance though i guess it can take time!

Good luck with the LSD, i find liquids more filling, you sound like your the same

Wow you've done amazingly. Fortunately, my symptoms aren't too bad, the only one that really bothers me (Obviously) is infertility which I'm hoping will improve. Every time I lose a stone or so, my periods return to regular so I suppose that might be a good sign?

J

Jonicorn

Good luck with the lsd. You sound very prepared. I'm looking forward to reading your journey.x

Thank you. I will try and update as much as I can. I'm enjoying my head being in it right now, thats usually the hardest part to accomplish.

J

Jonicorn

Update:

I started my 1st day on the LRD in high spirits which lasted throughout the entire day.
My first taste of the slimfast shakes was very pleasant. I had banana, 2 level scoops with 250ml of skimmed milk for my breakfast. Shaking it up well makes it nice and thick which fills for longer. I wasn't hungry then until my lunch at 12.30 where I had a strawberry shake with a strawberry fat free muller light yogurt.

I was looking forward to having my long awaited 3rd shake in the evening. I had saved Chocolate until last and then I received a call from the dietitian at the clinic to see how I was getting on.
Unfortunately he advised me that the surgeon had given me the wrong information and that I shouldn't be on 3 shakes a day and 4-5 yogurts. He said it has to be 2 shakes and 3 yogurts maximum...bye bye chocolate shake :(
I didn't mind too much because I still had 2 yogurts left in my allowance for the day so I just had those for my evening meal.

I went for a long walk to keep my mind active and so my partner could have his dinner without any temptation for me and then woke up fine this morning. :)
So far so good guys :wee:

Irene44

Update:

I started my 1st day on the LRD in high spirits which lasted throughout the entire day.
My first taste of the slimfast shakes was very pleasant. I had banana, 2 level scoops with 250ml of skimmed milk for my breakfast. Shaking it up well makes it nice and thick which fills for longer. I wasn't hungry then until my lunch at 12.30 where I had a strawberry shake with a strawberry fat free muller light yogurt.

I was looking forward to having my long awaited 3rd shake in the evening. I had saved Chocolate until last and then I received a call from the dietitian at the clinic to see how I was getting on.
Unfortunately he advised me that the surgeon had given me the wrong information and that I shouldn't be on 3 shakes a day and 4-5 yogurts. He said it has to be 2 shakes and 3 yogurts maximum...bye bye chocolate shake :(
I didn't mind too much because I still had 2 yogurts left in my allowance for the day so I just had those for my evening meal.

I went for a long walk to keep my mind active and so my partner could have his dinner without any temptation for me and then woke up fine this morning. :)

Oh bummer about the third shake but not for long one day down :0clapper:well done you Good diversion tactics on going for a walk to avoid temptation. Can you have sugar free juice? Could maybe make some slushies or lolly’s might help if your feeling desperate

You are doing brilliantly just keep that eye on the prize babe xx

J

Jonicorn

Oh bummer about the third shake but not for long one day down :0clapper:well done you Good diversion tactics on going for a walk to avoid temptation. Can you have sugar free juice? Could maybe make some slushies or lolly’s might help if your feeling desperate

You are doing brilliantly just keep that eye on the prize babe xx

Thanks Irene :)

I'm not entirely sure about the sugar free juice? I didn't even ask, might give them a call or look in my handbook. The lollies is a really good idea. This morning has been so tough. Every crisp packet opening has had my attention and lunch time was impossible because someone had curry....my weakness! lol I can do this though, its only 13 more day. Easy!

Irene44

I'm not entirely sure about the sugar free juice? I didn't even ask, might give them a call or look in my handbook. The lollies is a really good idea. This morning has been so tough. Every crisp packet opening has had my attention and lunch time was impossible because someone had curry....my weakness! lol I can do this though, its only 13 more day. Easy!

Yes you can do this sweets ITS HARD but you can beat it 13 day count down is on! I will count them down with you :) those crisps and curry definitely aren’t worth it hun just think of those 1bs flying off you xx:stickdance::stickdance::stickdance:

J

Jonicorn

Yes you can do this sweets ITS HARD but you can beat it 13 day count down is on! I will count them down with you :) those crisps and curry definitely aren’t worth it hun just think of those 1bs flying off you xx:stickdance::stickdance::stickdance:

Oh that is exactly what is keeping me going. I'm tempted to do a weigh in on Friday but I'm scared of disappointment so might wait until my op xx

Irene44

Oh that is exactly what is keeping me going. I'm tempted to do a weigh in on Friday but I'm scared of disappointment so might wait until my op xx

Be a nice surprise. But even if not a massive weight loss as long as it’s done it’s job and shrunk that liver that’s all that matters Then the journey really does begin for you xx

Sarnie

Update:

Oh that's a a bit brutal after psyching yourself up for that. That's a pretty big mistake for the clinic to make. Luckily they checked in with you and they put it right.
Good idea distracting yourself, keeping busy will get you through it. Good luck xx

Maria61

You can defo do this and we are all here for you xx