• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Venture pre-op

I'm sure you'll do just fine in the long run, Pippa. As with everything the hard part is accepting you have a problem! My surgery is Wednesday, travelling from Tuesday lunchtime really. Today has been pretty easy, had mostly shakes but a proper dinner again. Haven't craved anything bad really since. Also another 2km in the pool! Swimming has kept me busy today and I'm getting really into it so I'm hoping I can keep up this momentum post-op.

Good luck for Wednesday!
I'll be two weeks post op on Wednesday too - and am feeling great! Xx

Yeah keep us informed venture!

sm

Xx

Will do guys and gals thanks for your support.

Last whole day at home today...

Wishing you the very best for your op on Wednesday and a quick painless recovery. I will be just 2 weeks behind you on that losers bench.

xx

Wishing you good luck for Wednesday and I hope your recovery goes as smoothly as mine has

Lynn x

Hey support team!

Not been a great day today. Not terrible, I was eating healthy things, but not really been able to control myself in terms of portions as well as I hoped I would have. Still, that should be mostly taken care of on Wednesday.
I'm also VERY bored today as you may tell by me posting my normal summary post at 4:30pm rather than 9... I've binge-watched all of Brooklyn 99 on Netflix this morning and now I'm working on Misfits...!

Packing my bag right now. Crikey!

Hey support team!

Not been a great day today. Not terrible, I was eating healthy things, but not really been able to control myself in terms of portions as well as I hoped I would have. Still, that should be mostly taken care of on Wednesday.
I'm also VERY bored today as you may tell by me posting my normal summary post at 4:30pm rather than 9... I've binge-watched all of Brooklyn 99 on Netflix this morning and now I'm working on Misfits...!

Packing my bag right now. Crikey!

Ooh good luck with your surgery Venture. I wish you all the luck, keep us posted. Will be thinking of you :)
Jackie
x

Good luck venture ! You'll be on the losers bench in no time !
It's so exciting !!!!
X

Time to write a post I've been meaning to write for a while now. Mostly for my own reference, but some of you might find it interesting I guess. Now seems like the time.

So tomorrow, I journey to another country, where a man I've never met will cut out 75% of my stomach.
Why am I doing this? How has it come to this point?

10 Reasons For Change
  1. I am sick of feeling so unhappy with the size of my body. I have spent 10-15 years like this and I won't put up with it anymore.
  2. I can't listen to what my body tells me it needs. It WANTS me to be overweight. That isn't right and isn't fair.
  3. I refuse to spend the rest of my life fighting and losing. All up till now I have had to choose between either fighting my own biology and my instincts by trying to lose weight and feeling miserable about the sacrifices I have to make, but being healthy (though miserable about my weight); or giving in and feeling happy about the food but still miserable about my weight. No more. That's not for me. That's not the life I choose.
  4. I want to feel as happy AFTER I look in the mirror as I am before. I don't expect to be a male model. I don't expect it to magic all my problems away and never be sad again. I've just had enough of feeling down about my weight.
  5. I want to have control over my food and not the other way around. I can't do it on my own, I've had to accept that now, but I can still do something about it, even if it's a drastic action that most people will not understand. Most people, even most overweight people, do not have the same issues that I do.
  6. I want to buy clothes in a normal shop and just know that they will have my size.
  7. I want to see the man I can be without this stuff draped over me. The man I deserve a chance at being.
  8. I have tried to shape up the normal way and I have failed. So many times. I do not have the force of will required to consistently keep weight off. I believe that the mental forces I have to try and defeat to be healthy, are far stronger than average people's. I refuse to be overweight permanently because of that.
  9. I want to be on the outside how I feel on the inside. I've battled so many things inside me over the years and you know what, I am pretty pleased with the person I've turned out to be. I'm strong, I'm confident, I'm honest, I'm loyal. Sometimes I even feel attractive. I like myself. I do not like having those feelings disappear any time I see a photo of myself. I deserve to not want to hide from cameras.
  10. I need to go out and live my life the way I want to before I miss it all!

Love your post !
I'm so chuffed your starting your journey
I know you'll have your ups and downs but I also know you will succeed and you will have everything you want wish and deserve

Oh gawd, I'm a bit teary reading that cause I think I could have written most of it. Best of luck to you, you'll do grand. :)

Venture. This will hit s chord for most of us on here. I could have written your post myself. (((((Huggs)))))

It's great that you like what's On the inside that will stand you in good stead walking this WLS path

You deserve to be happy! Jeez we all do

I hope this surgery brings you everything you hoped for xxxx

Good luck darling..... you deserve all the very best....time to match up the outsides to the insides..... I do so hope you will become that wonderful person (on the outside) you so want to be :) because for sure you are that wonderful person on the insides already :) any one of us can see that :) I wish you well on this new fabulous journey. Keep us posted ...were here for all the support you need x x x x x

Thanks team *sniff*
All your support is so encouraging.

So a final pre-op weigh in this morning and I am 140kg dead. That's 22 stone or 309lbs making for a BMI of 38.5. Last Monday I did get down as far as 139.2, but since then I had my bad Friday & I've been eating more normally in general. I've also been swimming a LOT, in fact I'm now possibly fitter than I've ever been, so who knows what my weight would have been without the extra muscle. I want to keep going with fitness so I expect I won't see as dramatic a drop as some people, when my tailor's tape measure finally arrives I'm going to take some body measurements and track those too. :)

Time to re-sort my hospital bag, and watch some more mindless TV until lunchtime when I can hit the road!

edit: that was my 100th post, how appropriate :)

Back