• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my tummy tuck diary

Well here's my update. So I came to hospital at 12 noon yesterday I was told I would be first on the afternoon list I was seen by my surgeon who confirmed the operation he intended to do which was the abdominal plasty which is just the basic tummy tuck. He drew on me with lovely pen I signed my consent forms. I was then checked in by a nurse all the usual question about health medications etc I was lastley seen by the anethnatist who asked me health questions and about previous aurgerys etc. I was then taken to get changed were I put on a hospital gown and the lovely stockings but was told the put my own dressing gown and slippers on over the top as I would have to wait a while this was at 1 o clock I waited a while alright they came and got me for theatre at 4pm. So off I went canular in the baco of my hand and off to sleep. The next thing I remember is being in recovery feeling very groggy and shaking uncontrollably they gave me pethidine which seemed to do the trick. I was taken back to the ward and the rest of the evening is a bit of a blur. I was uncomfortable and had a morphine pump in my arm which I could press at my leisure which I did. I was feeling really drowsy and sicky the nurse said it would be the morphine so I stopped using it and started to feel a bit better after a while. I was on oxygen whilst being on morphine apparently the two go together as morphine labours ur breathing. I have to drains in place which are collecting any excess fluids. I have had little patches of sleep. Im pleased to say they did not catheteris me, I haven't been allowed to walk tho so had to use a bed pan this morning then this afternoon they let me transfer to a commode. This evening I walked to the toilet I have felt a little dizzy at times but feeling quite well at the moment. I have not had any morphine since 5am I have just had paracetamol and apart from the odd niggle im pretty much ok.
Hope this makes some sense xx

Doctor has been I'm getting 1 drain out today but other has to stay in. Hopefully get it out tomorrow and go home x

Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery hun! Got my tuck coming up on the 9th sep eeeeeek not far away now! x

U will be fine. I won't lie and say it's not painful coz it is but not as bad as I thought it could be. I have taken a pic of my drains and drain site. I will upload them if people dont mind but they do look not very nice x

Hi hun glad it's over and now you can recover and get on with things. Keep us updated when u can and I wish you a speedy recovery x

Thanks everyone for all ur support xx

ForumRunner_20130830_042758.jpg

Sorry I know the pics aren't very nice but I know I was curious before my op so hopefully I might help someone else. The first pic is of tge drain bottles the second pic is of the site which one of the drains go in id had the other drain removed when I took the second pic.
They were sited just below the knicker line have to wear my pants down a bit and my op line is just above that.
At the minute my incision off the op is all taped up and ive then got a thick layer of cotton wool with a tight courset I have to wear on.
Any questions please xx

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130830_042822.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130830_042822.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 295
Thank you for being do brave & open. It may not look the prettiest but its not gruesome & clarifies things for those of us who are yet to take this path.

Doctor came round this morning and there keeping me in another day as im still losing fluid through my drain. Had a shower this morning first one since op been just getting washed down with a flannel. I went rather dizzy and faint so had to come back to bed to rest. Pain wise Im fine tho managing on just paracetamol the only time I get any pain is sitting forward or basically trying to use my stomach muscles xx

Better safe than sorry. Take care & don't over do it. Half the time I think it's as much the remains of the anaesetic & reduced fluids (no matter how hard we try to keep them up) that add to the dizziness & wobbles. Post any op. plus lack of sleep with all the background noises etc & early rounds for meds. With luck once home & a few good nights sleep & gentle mobilisation you'll feel less yuk & dizzy.

Yeah ur right I thought I was fine but u don't realise how much it takes it out of u. My drain keeps leaking so when they last came to change my dressing I got a photo of my support courset that I have to wear and the underneath. So I shall upload them now.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130830_141123.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130830_141123.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 497
  • ForumRunner_20130830_141216.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130830_141216.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 435
Back