• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my tummy tuck diary

At the moment I'm looking at it and thinking what have I done as it doesn't look to good but im sure once its healed it will look better x

It will look fab Hope - promise! The drains are a pain in the arse - I had 3. Still have the marks now where they were inserted and that's from 9 weeks ago. I think they could be a permanent feature - but its a small price to pay. Sticking bio-oil on them as well as my scars.

I don't think I have seen one person on here, myself included, who hasn't said that the pain wasn't anywhere near as bad as they were expecting. So that's a real positive for everyone who still has their ops to come :)

Thanks ladies!
Cat lover - did u have much feeling in ur stomach after the op? Mine is numb but they say it's just nerve damage and the feeling will come back in time x

Wow, thanks so much for sharing. I didn't realise the drain bottles would be so big, are you able to get up and mobilise with them still in?

I hope you get some rest and are able to get out tomorrow if all is well.

Take care
Crackers x

Thanks ladies!
Cat lover - did u have much feeling in ur stomach after the op? Mine is numb but they say it's just nerve damage and the feeling will come back in time x

Hi - yep feeling in my tummy was a bit patchy but came back over a few weeks. I can feel all along my scar now although its a little duller in sensation in a couple of places.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Wow, thanks so much for sharing. I didn't realise the drain bottles would be so big, are you able to get up and mobilise with them still in?

I hope you get some rest and are able to get out tomorrow if all is well.

Take care
Crackers x

The drains are quite big and I had 3. Just made moving around trickier and it felt like a dragging sensation.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi all sorry I haven't been on. I got home yesterday and I've slept loved getting home and being with my family.
Yes my drain bottles where big but I managed ok to walk round with them and even slipped them in my dressing gown pockets lol!
Off to sleep again il update properly tomorrow x

Hi, I'm feeling quite well :) I rang the hospital yesterday coz I had a shower and was seeing to my dressing and there was a not so pleasant smell coming from my large incision they told me to go through to the ward and someone would have a look at it. So I did they removed the what I thought was micropore tape but it's actually some sort of glue type tape which was holding the wound together. The doctor checked me said it was fine and the nurse put some magic tape back over. Maybe it's was in my imagination but needed peace of mind so I'm pleased I went through. Im a week post op today x

Hi Hope
It is good to hear you are feeling well. I had a pre op yesterday and the nurse said the first week is the hardest, then you feel better and better. Glad you are on track - gives me confidence.
Take care and get plenty rest.
Crackers x

Hi Hope
It is good to hear you are feeling well. I had a pre op yesterday and the nurse said the first week is the hardest, then you feel better and better. Glad you are on track - gives me confidence.
Take care and get plenty rest.
Crackers x

Thanks, it is strange how well I do feel I'm managing to potter about in the house and do bits and pieces. No bendind streching or lifting tho but like washing up and things is ok. I do get tired easy so just lie on the sofa and relax. I'm still only using paracetamol for pain relief. My main bits of advice for hospital would be to take nighties as my drain sites were in an awkward place so I couldn't wear any pj's also invest in a v pillow if u struggle sleeping on ur back. I love mine!
If u have any questions just ask away x

Pic's today 1 week post op

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130903_104104.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130903_104104.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 260
  • ForumRunner_20130903_104126.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130903_104126.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 272
I love the pics!! I some how missed this thread. How is the recovery going? I am having TT in six weeks. They will be doing 2 procedures, but I don't know what the second one is yet.

Back